Thread: Few audio Questions

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Few audio Questions

Recently got my coupe and want to re-install my sub out of my hatch. With the hatch i was lucky as it had a car kit in it so it had a hole drilled into engine bay for the power feed. I managed to use this hole for my sub. However the coupe's car kit got its power feed of the stereo's power, so i need to drill a hole for my sub. Which side behind glove box is best to drill from left or right? Can i just leave the hole after it has been drilled or does it need spraying, or a gromit etc?

Secondly i want to amp the front speakers in the near future, so will need a 2nd amp. Is it best to just install a thicker power cable (what awg?) now rather than 2 smaller cables, and then just run it to a block to split? current cable is only small, probably 8awg as it came in a wiring kit.

Sorry for long post, cheers for any help.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iv got a hatch and if you drop the cover of the fruse box inside the car then look right up in the air ther is a gromit im no expert on coupes if its the electronic throttle the gromit will be spair then theres no drilling at all

and for the power cable it would be easier to do it with bigger cable them a dis block http://www.autoleads.co.uk/amplifier...able_power.gif this tabe will show the cable you need what amps you intending on running
    Example

System - 1 x 400w (RMS) Amplifier & 1 x 200w (RMS) Amplifier
    Total System Power - 600w (RMS)
    Total Current Draw - 50 Amps
    Recommended Cable Rating - At least 100 Amps
    Recommended Cable Size - 20mm2 (4awg

There is a simple way to determine which size of power cable is required. Divide the total RMS wattage output of the amplifier by 12 (for 12V battery systems). This will give you a maximum current that the amplifier system will draw. Then use a cable with a rating at least double this figure to compensate for the excessive draw that some inefficient amplifiers can produce. Please note: Many amplifiers state Max Power ratings which are vastly different from the RMS rating that they are more likely to produce. Use the recommended Cable Size Chart below to calculate your requirements.
    copy and paste is the best thing ever

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    cheers, current amp is 600w max, not sure on RMS, probably around 300w i guess, and will only want something small for the front speakers, around 70w RMS. So will be looking at 8 or 6awg, current cable is 10awg i think looking at the mm size on that table.

will have a look around the fuse box for a gromit, least if the power is run down that side of the car will keep it away from RCA and speaker cables.