Thread: Better off selling as it is or stripping?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Better off selling as it is or stripping?

Hey all, as im having a few problems selling my moddified mk4 i got to thinkin would i be better off stripping, returning back to standard and selling everything individualy like that? Im after the most money i can obviously but im not the patient type and i'v been tryin to sell for a while now. Theres a few problems that need sortin on top of everything and i realy dont have the money to do them (arches, back bumper needs poppin back in by the arch, boot panels all crackking, etc).

Im thinkin i'd need to change shocks, springs, wheels, boot panel, bodykit, exhaust, a few interior touches, and whatever else so it does seem quite abit of work and im not the most mechanicaly minded.

Any comments? Possibly from people in the same situation or people who have already gone through this?

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    moddifed cars are ok to sell if you find someone with the same taste as you.

if you have had it forsale for a while and no takers i would strip it back to standard as much as possable and see how it goes then

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Modified cars are a no-no for the general public, they're bothered about paying over the odds, insurance issues and resale problems.

Internet advertising, eg AstraSport, is the best way to find like minded buyers, however many modders like to decide for themselves on specification so even that may not get much response.

It's often more cost-effective to remove all the extras and sell them individually. You're more likely to get better value back for the mods, and then sell the car as standard.
    Maintains:- Vectra Design 1.9CDTi
    Drives :- Hyundai Santa Fe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Robs old car being sold... how much u asking for it? What does it look like now???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the best way to get the most money for your car is by breaking it(if ur heart will let u) u can put add up on here for exchange-when the person comes to get ur bumpers/exhaust they replace with their own-simple!
    That way ur left with a standard car!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraDti16v
    Robs old car being sold... how much u asking for it? What does it look like now???
    Yes thats the 1. Its the same as when i brought it from the last owner apart from the left rear arch needs some work cause its just dragged the lip down wen hit 1 mother of a pot hole so it scrubs alot, wen 30-40mph is reached so i havent been driving it alot. The cold has got into the boot panel and has cracked it, so that needs refillind and spraying. Other from that its pretty mint, iv tried my best to look after it and havent drove it much at all because of the arch.

I'm asking £4.5k what to me sounds decent for suchg a special car. I still love it, but i just want something different now, not modified and abit faster so am having to sell.

Let me know if your interested, your welcome to come have a look

As everyones said its probably best to strip but i think id feal bad stripping this car as its so special in my eyes anyways. But if i have to i have to i spose. It was on ebay and went for £5.5k btut he buyer messed me about

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whack some pics up mate, i expect you'll be swarmed by PM's from people wanting bits off it
    ~Not long now people~