Thread: CAT-BACK...pictures

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CAT-BACK...pictures

hello all, im a newbie to AS i registered yesterday! im wanting to fit a cat back exhaust system to my sri-t because the original one is looking shabby. if anyone could give me an idea of how much i should expect to pay, the best makes and where they can be bought from it would be a great start!

cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sri-turbo-19
    hello all, im a newbie to AS i registered yesterday! im wanting to fit a cat back exhaust system to my sri-t because the original one is looking shabby. if anyone could give me an idea of how much i should expect to pay, the best makes and where they can be bought from it would be a great start!

cheers

iv just had a blue flame performance cat back fitted (last wednesday) to my SRi-T. Off the shelf it costs £225, but i had a custom back box made to make it fit in the gap at the back better, and that cost £325 fitted. Great sound as well

i think the general opinions on here usually point towards blue flame performance
    JP driving SRI-T, totally standard, whats the best way forward!?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks mate! iv looked at them but didnt like the 6x4 '' rear pipe so i htink u chose rite to get a custom one.was your standard backbox looking shabby too?ie peeling off the outer layer??

cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah thats exactly what happened to mine, it was really on its last legs!! I was told there was no way i wuold pass its MOT

When i went to blue flame they said i could have which ever tip i wanted. Now i was of the same opinion as u with the 6x4 oval, but when they showed it against it i actually liked it so i went with it.

here's a pic......obviously every1 prefers different things

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it looks better than i thought mate, have u cut a bit out of the splitter at the back cos its sits a lot better than ones iv seen before?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sri-turbo-19
    it looks better than i thought mate, have u cut a bit out of the splitter at the back cos its sits a lot better than ones iv seen before?
    yeah thats what i thought when i first saw it. Ahhhhh, i knew the tip wouldnt fit in the standard gap, so i bought the Prodrive twin exit valance from LMF. And i had that back box custom made because the off-the-shelf one fits too far to the left (apparently - summit to do with the spare wheel well). So i got it made to fit smack bang in the middle of the gap.

Ya can make the off-the-shelf one fit with a bit of cutting, but imo it was worth spending a bit more money to get it spot on.

All in all it has cost me a fair bit, but i am happy with the outcome