Thread: Need a hand with a letter over damage to my car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Angry Need a hand with a letter over damage to my car

I like to put this in writing regarding the damage to my vehicle while in your care. On picking up the vehicle it was very dirty making it impossible to pick up onto and marks substained. On getting the vehicle home I decided to check the parts that had been replaced, and to my finding the parts not been replaced but yet been billed for as follows;

1 lambda probe
    Badges
    Crash protection foam under rear bumper (cant find on estimate but should been replaced)
    Rear quarter panel not painted from damage substained in RTC (bumper rubbed on rear quarter panel)
    Bumper not blended in with rest of the paint work

List of damages while under you care;

Damaged to bumper had been cut underneath (mounted points for foam)
    Gold spray paint on front of car " will polish off" got monday to do this
    Mud flaps missing
    Indicator broken
    Key marks on driver door
    Scuff mark to front bumper

I have been told by the estimator that was dealing with my vehicle that above damage would have been done before the car was in the care of B****s Motors and any damages would have to come out of his own pocket. I then asked to see the pictures of the car taken when it first arrived at B*****s Motor Ltd, not the best pictures as they are in black and white but could clearly see front mud flap[ that subsequently missing on the vehicle condition report. When the vehicle was picked up from my house I ask id they wanted to an inspection of the vehicle for any damage as the car did have some damage will list below. I was told it was not necessary. I then asked the estimator why why the vehicle condition report had been changed. I was told it had not been.

Inside of the vehicle there was oil found in the boot (knocked over)and oil container was placed on the rear seats of the car.
    Interior of car was not clean for picking up, only paper mats placed inside

If you wish I can have the vehicle inspected by RAC or The Magnus Company to list the parts not replace on work carried out and on your invoice

any help could be nice thanks
    danny this is only a Rough letter at the mo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    go on danny dont let them off on this!!! bet they got paid hansomely for job not done

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    they got paid £3300 for this work and have done only a small part of the job and more damage

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The purpose of this letter is to provide written record of my complaint regarding the damage caused to my vehicle whilst under your care. When the vehicle was collected the high level of dirt made it impossible to pick up on scratches and marks sustained, but upon getting the vehicle home I inspected the parts that had been billed for on the invoice, and found that the following had not been replaced or had been carried out unsatisfactorily:

1 lambda probe
    Badges
    Crash protection foam under rear bumper (cant find on estimate but should been replaced)
    Rear quarter panel not painted from damage substained in RTC (bumper rubbed on rear quarter panel)
    Bumper not blended in with rest of the paint work

Further, a list of damage caused while under your care:

Damage to bumper: had been cut underneath (mounted points for foam)
    Gold spray paint on front of car “POLISHED OFF”
    Mud flaps missing
    Indicator broken
    Key marks on driver door
    Scuff mark to front bumper

I have been told by the estimator that was dealing with my vehicle that the above damage would have been done before the car was in the care of B****s Motors and any damages would have to come out of his own pocket. Subsequently I asked to see the pictures of the car taken when it first arrived at B*****s Motor Ltd, (not the best pictures as they are in black and white) which clearly showed the front mud flap that subsequently went missing on the vehicle condition report. When the vehicle was picked up from my house I asked if they wanted to perform an inspection of the vehicle for any damage, but I was told it was not necessary. I asked the estimator why the vehicle condition report had been changed, only to be told that it had not been.

If you wish I can have the vehicle inspected by RAC or The Magnus Company to list the parts not replaced yet listed on your invoice.

quick polish (really, really quick) but one point to note - took out the damage at the end as there's no point listing problems for which you are not blaming them, it only confuses the matter further.

there's also a bit that doesn't make much sense to me: "damage would have been done before the car was in the care of B****s Motors and any damages would have to come out of his own pocket."

is that what you actually meant to say?
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    He said that he would have to pay for the damages that was done to my car why parked up in the car park ?? dont they have Insurance for that ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have a quick chop about if you want, for some odd reason i quite like doing letters, i once managed to blag a job by sending them a letter complaining, listing all the reasons why they were incompetent when dealing with my application blah blah, thought theyd say sorry and think 'no way in hell are we employing this ****!' haha

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right, heres my crack at it. Reworded stuff and nicked the odd bit off rusty. dont quite get whats going on in parts so i might have got the wrong end of the stick.

Dear such and such,

I am writing with regard to the damage caused to my vehicle while in your care. Upon collection of the vehicle it was extremely unclean making it impossible to pick up on any damage/imperfections. Further to a more detailed inspection of the work carried out, I found that I have been billed for the following work/parts that were not replaced/undertaken;

1 lambda probe
    Badges
    Crash protection foam under rear bumper. (Not specified on estimate but should have been replaced)
    Rear quarter panel damaged in RTC not repainted. (Caused by bumper rubbing on rear quarter panel)
    Bumper not blended in with original paintwork

List of damages while under you care;

Damage to bumper: had been cut underneath (mounting points for foam)
    Gold spray paint on front of car "will polish off"
    Mud flaps missing
    Indicator broken (which one?)
    Key marks on drivers door
    Scuff mark on front bumper

I have been informed by the estimator that was dealing with my vehicle that the above damage would have been caused before the car was in the care of B****s Motors Ltd, and any damages would have to be paid for by himself. Subsequently I asked to see the pictures of the car taken when it first arrived at B*****s Motors Ltd, despite the poor quality of the images they clearly show one of the front mud flaps (change that bit if they show both) which were later omitted from the vehicle condition report. When the vehicle was picked up from my house on (specify date?) I asked if they wanted to perform an inspection of the vehicle for any damage, but was told it was not necessary. I questioned the estimator as to why the vehicle condition report had been changed, only to be told that it had not been.

Inside the vehicle there were marks in the boot where oil had clearly been knocked over and an oil container had been placed on the rear seats. (any marks from the oil container or was it just left there?)
    The interior of car had not been cleaned for collection, only paper mats placed inside.

If you wish I can have the vehicle inspected by the RAC or The Magnus Company to list the parts not replaced yet listed on your invoice.

I dont know what you want from them, but adding something along the lines of I am unhappy with the quality of the service i have received and request for the above listed problems to be rectified. Otherwise theyll get a list of all the problems and think 'right, so what are we supposed to do..?'

I also removed the odd word which was repeated, i think 'subsequently' popped up twice in one sentence, and added Ltd to the end of B*****s Motors as it was on the end of one and not the other. (just thought i'd say why so i dont look like an ass changing the whole thing haha)