Thread: New seats installed today.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New seats installed today.

Decided I'd like a change of look for the interior. At present it's got heated black leather and whilst I do love the seats I was always taken with Oxblood seats. Anyway I finally found a decent set yesterday and I've just finished installing them.
    Here's how it looked before

Here's how it looks now

The seats look very red and that's not exactly how they look in the flesh, they are deeper than that. Also I've just spent over 5 hours cleaning them so they do tend to show up the black ones which haven't been touched in ages. If I spent the same time on the blacks they would look just as good IMO.

Before someone says anything about the door cards, I have plans to get the present ones covered in matching leather with a little extra touch
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks brillant oddjob much better then the black ones watch ya dont spill anything on them oh yeah how much ya flogging the black ones for

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    black loosk posh, i think the red ones are better suited to teh coupes.

I would love red leather, the fake wood doesnt suit imo, i am enviours, and i have a se2 interior lol
    Gav Coup'e se2

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice mate, very BMW M3 esque.

Personally think you should change the handrake lever and gear knob to silver to finish it off.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok here goes for all the comments.

Wood effect pieces are being changed for carbon pieces to match the steering wheel, I've already got all the bits, just need to finish the dash off as I want to fit them all together.

I've had a load of PMs already about the black seats, I'd offered them to a good mate who I owed some favours to but he's declined as he's not in a position to buy them at present.

I'll be posting them on the For Sale section later tonight.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    ken looking nice mate
    i have a rear lap belt in the garage i think ??
    if you want it i will post it out

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    look good ken

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DANNY my man, just the person I was looking for.

I remember you fitting the GSi seats in your car. Did you wire up the side airbags and if so did it trip the airbag warning light? Did you ever fit those sensors in the doors for them? I need some advise mate, need to figure out how to get the side airbags functional and your the only person I know who's done it.

Oh and I'd love the lapstrap mate, thanks for the offer, Ill buy it and pay postage etc no prob.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks great Ken, definately better than the black imo, always loved red leather seats

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    doing the door cards next?

Looks good though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast