Thread: royal caribbean

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

royal caribbean

my mums on the royal caribbean cruise ship. its been caught in freak storms lmao. they were not allowed to leave the centre of the boat incase it tipped, its in 40ft waves windows were broke on the 8th floor by the sea in the middle of the night and flooded the cabins. one person died. and alot of people got off at spain and flew home. the boat wont dock anywhere and is now stuck in thick fog on its way to southampton tommorow. what a fantastic holiday lmao. nearly 5 grand for a week and it turns out like that. all the passengers are refusing to get off the boat when it reaches dock until they get there money back. i cant stop laughing as it was meant to be a holiday

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Are you not worried about your mum? Or is she off the boat now?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least she's had a holiday she'll never forget

But...how can you demand a refund for a freak weather storm? Is it because it wasn't in the brochure?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would ask for a refund, especially if it was nearly 5k. Or at least want some of it back.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not worried just got off the phone to her. the worst is over just stuck in thick fog now. it cant be far from home so she will be ok. they have lifeboats. i could hear the fog horn down the phone. that would be well cool being on that boat. i would run round screaming were gonna die till i got a free holiday. apparantly the press will be there as they are all refusing to leave. these old people just cant get enough lmao

they have offerd a 50% refund but all the oldies are on a mission to get 100%. all the other ships were cancelled or returned home but that one stayed out, so thats why they are all pissed.

im pretty pissed too as she is leaving southampton tommorow and wont pick up my skirts off of lee gsi so i have to drive down there to get them

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa
    I would ask for a refund
    On what grounds tho??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cuz the holiday was cut short. I would ask for my money back for the remanding few days that I hadn't stayed

Status
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's cut short because the storm has damaged the ship then it's an act of god, so I doubt they'd get anything.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    If it's cut short because the storm has damaged the ship then it's an act of god, so I doubt they'd get anything.
    Correct. Maritime law is quite specific in that. Royal Caribbean are exempt in this circumstance from having to do anything by law. But usually offer a good will gesture.

car.crash, I fail to see how you can find it funny if someone was killed onboard. Storm surges at sea can be pretty harrowing. I know, I've worked at sea.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    That's the first thing that came into my head so typed it out. I doubt I would think of that excuse at the time. I would just be sh!tting myself and wanting to get off the ship alive.

But then I'd probably never go on a cruise holiday in the first place anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast