Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T-bone buys Mini Cooper S - hide your women and children - The End

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

T-bone buys Mini Cooper S - hide your women and children - The End - Now with PICS

It's the beginning of another mini adventure - after umming and arhhing - looking at this car and that. I was essentially looking for a fun car for the weekend - I work in London so commute on train. The car would spend most of its time at home or parked up at the station.
    I had finally narrowed my options down to a Nissan 350z or an S2000, of which I had decided to go with the 350z.
    However on reflection, it didn't seems right to pay such a large amount of money for such a lot of car - only for it to sit parked up most of the time - ready to be vandalised. So I whilst still hankering after the 350z - i started to look at alternatives - somehow I arrived at the polar opposite - Mini Cooper S
    I have always wanted one of these and so started to do some research - In real world performance terms - I can have the same amount of fun in one of these if not more -as in the 350z - Insurance is lower - initial out lay is lower, running costs are lower.

It seemed a no-brainer - so I set about trying to find the right car - I tested an 03 MCS(163BHP) and also an 03 Works Cooper S (200BHP) - I was very impressed and it reminded me of why I like them so much. I drove them back to back - and whilst I know the JCW car was faster - it didn't really feel like it. I left the dealership have set in my mind to get the normal 03 and then tune it myself. That car got sold.

Dealer called me to let me know -but mentioned that they had a 54 plate facelift car in - 170BHP, revised gear ratios, revised Xenon lights, improved interior etc. I decided to give it a try. - I did and I loved it and now I have bought it - was not much more than the ‘03 and it’s a much better car.
    I hadn't remembered actually how quick these little buggers are and had some great fun on the test drives - chucking it round roundabouts - almost in a 4 wheel drift - brilliant - i did some town driving and found it to be great there too.

So actual spec is -
    Gun metal grey with black roof
    Chilli pack inc 17" alloys
    Automatic climate control
    Chrome pack
    BMW/Mini iPod connection
    6 CD Changer
    Multifunction Steering wheel with cruise

Pick it up week starting 5 June and can't wait.

I do have mods planned
    Milltek Cat back
    Uprate brakes and Wheels
    GTT 220+ performance pack - which includes - ecu remap + optimised bypass valve + high temp iridium sparkplugs + GTT supercharger pulley + shorter 'stickier' drive belt + GTT twin bearing idler pulley. + GTT 'cold ram' induction system
    So its gonna be pretty devastating on the road especially with new shorten gear ratios in this model.

Will post pics upon collection.
    Me run tings.... not tings run me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounding like fun im a proper mini fan but my mate had the new shape when it came out and it wasa good car to be fair
    Heading back to the world of AOC

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if you need any help taking it apart, let me know - me and a couple of my mates built the things in our gap years

(hope you didn't buy any 2003 model )
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not my bag size/image wise but superb to drive so I can understand the attraction. Driven my mates cooper s works a few times and few cars handle like it - brilliant fun.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nope - its defo an MY05 model - checked for all the tell tale signs - revised lights front and rear - pavement/puddle lights under the doors - relocation of interior clock, kink in rear section of exhaust - plus some others.

yep - i'll defo let you know rusty.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Superb cars, my mate has just bought a miltek for his on saturday and is using Lohen to upgrade the power.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tyron dont go to GTT - I did and it ended in Tears. West Tuning in Thruxton are far superior !

Same colour and spec i had mine though, nice choice . Ditch the alloys - they weigh shedloads for a 17"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon
    Tyron dont go to GTT - I did and it ended in Tears. West Tuning in Thruxton are far superior !

Same colour and spec i had mine though, nice choice . Ditch the alloys - they weigh shedloads for a 17"
    Arhh - the man i was wanting to hear from. Thanks for the vote of approval

No to GTT?

Yeah - do plan to get rid of the wheels - I saw some the other day - but lost the damn link - they were custom/2 piece jobbies - but they were perfect.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be seen dead in one although I can appreciate they are very good and capable machines.

I'm sure you'll have loads of fun.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordNikon
    Any links for West Tuning Steve?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast