Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Grill Question...

Hi all!

Well as its pay day pretty soon, ive been pondering what i can get for my astra this month (first month of ownership) for around £300.

First thoughts are irmscher grill/spoiler and various bits like speedo rings etc.

But, asking around local garages, the spoiler is pretty much out of the question, £135 sprayed was the cheapest quote i got (anyone knows good sprayers near wiltshire please suggest away!!).

So now im looking at grilles, irmscher is gonna set me back about 80-100 quid ish. But i've noticed a few plain 'debadged' style grills popping up on ebay, and being the modder on a budget i am, i considered getting one of these and just sticking on an irmscher badge?

I know its a bit sticking M badge on a 316i, but it could save me a lot of money, and that money saved can go towards the irmscher front/side/rear next month!?

So whats the thoughts on this? Also, anyone got any pics of an astra with the irmscher kit, but without the spoiler??

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get the grill as it's a good choice, but don't bother with the badge - Irmscher isn't all that IMO

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    Get the grill as it's a good choice, but don't bother with the badge - Irmscher isn't all that IMO
    I just cant imagine a debadged, otherwise standard astra looking any good! The irmscher badge, as small as it is, sets off the grill imo!

I assum, the irmscher grill is basically a debadged grill, with the badge glued on? Or is the badge moulded flush?

Status
    HighTower
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i say just get the plain grill and leave it at that
    ...COME AND JOIN IN THE FUN...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As above - just get a plain grille - dont bother with the Irmy badge unless u wanna be like every other irmy badged owner out there!! Do the bonnet release catch mod if necessary so it sits all flush and save ur pennies for some more eye catching mods!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As the people have said above be different and don't put an Irmy badge/grill on your car. Check LMF their cheapest grill is £34.99, apparently good quality too.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantT
    Check LMF their cheapest grill is £34.99, apparently good quality too.
    I've got one of the one's from LMF. Very good quality. If you need a pic aswell (as my car has no spoilers etc) then click on the link in my sig
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £300 huh? cheap grill from lmf - either the slated one, or the mesh one. both good quality. don't bother with a badge - you can always nab one and stick it on later if you really want to - try it without first and see what it's like. With the rest of your budget I'd suggest getting the car lowered, buying an arm rest, getting some small astra-sport stickers for the rear windows, debadging the rear of the car, have a look for some tinted style headlights if you don't already have them, or later spec rear lights or irmscher tinted jobs.

to be honest mate your £300 can go far if you want it to. go second hand, scour these forums and ebay and you can get a lot for your money.
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanK
    £300 huh? cheap grill from lmf - either the slated one, or the mesh one. both good quality. don't bother with a badge - you can always nab one and stick it on later if you really want to - try it without first and see what it's like. With the rest of your budget I'd suggest getting the car lowered, buying an arm rest, getting some small astra-sport stickers for the rear windows, debadging the rear of the car, have a look for some tinted style headlights if you don't already have them, or later spec rear lights or irmscher tinted jobs.

to be honest mate your £300 can go far if you want it to. go second hand, scour these forums and ebay and you can get a lot for your money.
    I was really hoping to go for a spoiler grill and spray my skirts/side strips, which i could probably fit into my budget. The only thing is getting the spoiler sprayed, and the skirts. Most of my budget is gone on just spraying the spoiler, let alone buying it. I'm still not sure about the grill without the spoiler

And lowering, i dont think i could get with my £300, considering the SXi is 20mm lower anyway, for me to achieve a 30mm drop, i'd need 50mm springs which would mean id need new shocks aswell! Ideally, i'll get teh exterior bits done then wheels and drop in one go.

Does anyone know if i can get presprayed bits anywhere?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Less is more imo.

Grill, debadge and a set of eibachs are what I would do.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast