Thread: mk5 / astra h 1.7cdti advice???

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mk5 / astra h 1.7cdti advice???

hey people.. first time user of this site and theres a lot of useful info....
    however.. i have the astra sri sports hatch 1.7cdti.. not quite the car i would have liked (1.9 -150ps).. but i wanna increase some power. will be getting a superchip in next couple of weeks.
    although, iv been reading that evryone is getting k&n panel filters and derestricting their air box. is this a good idea for my car??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First of all welcome to AS!

Secondly you've posted in the wrong section DOH!!! but ur forgiven for being a newbie (FAO Mods: Pls re-direct to relevant section)

As for the airbox mods this usually referrs mainly to the Mk4 - Im not totally clued up on the Mk5 so would rather not comment than giving u duff information.

I know theres a mod available for about £500 on the 1.9 which boosts power from 150 to 200 bhp - so dont know if there's a similar mod for the smaller oil burner.....Someone will be along soon to confirm.

Hope u get the answers u require....and no doubt youll be asked to post up some piccies of ur motor.

Also get ur self registered in the regional forum and maybe get ur self along to the next meet (17th June) providing u live up here! lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok mate... cheers for your reply.. il try get in the rite section for next time..haha. . il be ordering a pipercross panel filter in the morning so il give it a bash and see if that makes any differece while i wait for my chip to arrive..

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    welcome to the site I have moved this to the relervant section
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members