Thread: Enerfoil underfloor heating.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Enerfoil underfloor heating.

Anyone here used or heard of this stuff??

I'm looking at Mat G here - but others may have come across it?

http://www.enerfoil.com/enerfoil/index.htm

ps - check out the option of heating your driveway in their other products!!
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you have to laugh at this pic

"thanks to enerfoil, now me and my baby can lie on the floor.... thank you enerfoil!"
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    "Now i spent all my money on enerfoil underfloor heating, i cant afford to buy myself a sofa. Thankyou enerfoil!"

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have we created a caption competition?

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seems so

On a more serious note, i've not dealt with anything like that. But i can't see it being any easier to install than the regular stuff on a roll. Being thinner it would probably go under laminate/wood flooring a bit better but i wouldnt really want to continuously heat and cool and kind of wood flooring like that.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm lookingat it going under a Karndean or Amtico floor (posh vinyl) but have no experience of either or their capabilities. I know Karndean can be installed on heated floors, but unsure beyond that.

my entry - [Thinks] - really shouldnt have put that rug on that polished floor should I

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    What do you need to know Paul? I have fitted various flooring over various types of underfloor heating.

Enermat - Underfloor Heating Mat

Used this very recently under a friends wooden floor.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    we want to re-do our kitchen and dining area. essentially we have the concrete floor which is relatively level. We dont want tiles or laminate, so it limits us to what we have seen in the Karndean range.

We would like to add underfloor heating but we dont really want to have to re-screed and raise the floor level substantially, as we dont really need the heated part in the dining area, just the kitchen end of the room. Looking at the Enermat foil - it seems to suit, but there are a few notes on their website about fitting under vinyl.

Point us in the right direction mat (on your day off)

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just got in from work Paul, no such thing as a day off

The problem you are going to have is that any type of underfloor heating you have have will require the floor level to be built up. To fit any floor but especially vinyl you need a smooth sub floor. With your existing subfloor (concrete slab/screed) you will still need to re-screed to fit the vinyl other wise the product you want to install will 1. not be covered by any warranty and 2. will look poorly installed.

Now add to that underfloor heating be it pads, wires, pipes etc you still need a smooth flat sub floor for the vinyl to be fitted it to. Depending on the type of underfloor heating that will mean either re-screeding and encasing the heating element within the latex screed or ply board over the top of the heating element, this would have to be fixed securely so for your application would mean at least 9mm ply and drilled plugged to the subfloor (you would not be able to use the foil though just the mats). As you would imagine not a great job to do when you have heating elements underneath it be it electrical or water.

So the easiest solution would be to find a thin heating element that can be encased in latex screen. Things to be aware off though, only certain screeds can be used with underfloor heating, and only certain ahdisives can be used to fit the vinyl. I am not 100% sure that all the Karndean range is covered warrenty wise with underfloor heating either.

If you used the above and the foil panels the height increase would be around 2mm for the mats, 1mm for the primer, 3-4mm for the latex primer then 2-3mm for the vinyl flooring so an overall increase in floor height of 10mm worse way. You will need to check that you have this space with your kitchen appliances, IE washing machine, fridge etc as some are free standing but put under a work surface, which can mean very little space for adjustment.

Something else to thing about, Karndean and Amtico are great products but you are paying for the name. Yes they are the best but in a domestic installation there are plenty of over products that are as good for a lot less money.

I hope some of that is of use to you ...

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Here the mats that I fitted 14mm Oak Engineered boards over:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast