Thread: What was I up to last night.........?

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What was I up to last night.........?

Well, last night after a long time nagging, I got permission to go out on a night shift with a North Wales Police Traffic Cop .. I have always had respect for these guys ( not like the normal plods that around here are useless ) and it was a buzz to say the least.

There was very little "sitting in the car at the side of the road" as it seems the dicks in their Halfords cars decide to smash em up late at night and also do a bit of racing..

In total, last night 27 NIP were handed out ( 84 points - 26*3 points and 1*6 points ) in the shift and I attended 3 accidents one of which was a bad one but non fatal.

All in all a very good night and opened my eyes to the good work thet traffic police do when most people are sleeping. After last night I have even more respect for the guys..

I have a few cam phone pictures that I will see if they show anything when I get my phone from the G/F's place later on.
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one

suprised they let you out with them tbh
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wonder if glasgow/falkirk police would be up for this :-)

How did you go about it?
    www.onemileahead.co.uk

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY
    suprised they let you out with them tbh
    As I have mentioned before ( in one or two posts ), I have a friend that works as a traffic cop and I have been asking for ages to be allowed to "tag along"... He is the one that made it all happen and it was with him I was last night.

Also, they have had school childern out with them before ( think it was the normal bobbies tho ) as part of a recruitement scheme thay had with local secondary schools.

By allowing me to see what they do could only be a good thing for their image as I will now be telling EVERYONE I know about what a buzz it was and what they really do out there..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did you get involved in any high speed pursuits while you were out with your mate? That would be the only reason for me to be a traffic cop.

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger
    Did you get involved in any high speed pursuits while you were out with your mate? That would be the only reason for me to be a traffic cop.
    Nope, he was going fairly quick to the scene of accidents tho ( well over 120 )..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds cool, i thought the only kind of crime like that in Wales would have been people illegally parking sheep and riding sheep with no licences

Sounds like you ahd fun though, personally i'd rather tag along with military style stuff, but that aint gonna happen.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds fun, a hell of a lot of points to hand out though, how long was the shift?
    To say you went to 3 accidents too, they must have practically been pulling people over constantly!
    towerstimes.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have always respected the traffic cops (love the tv programme) but when I had my crash the other person was on my side of the road and hit me the police blamed me.. as my car was (sublty) modded they pressumed I was going to fast..... This was proved to the insurance that I was not in the fault.

So after that my respect has not been lost but think they shouldnt judge car enthuiasts.

But from your thread smashing up cars they deserve what they get.... Cos to get the cars there they havent got insurance.
    R.I.P - 08.05.06 CLICK My Astra
    BMW M3 Evo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that kind of attitude depends on the induvidual copper. My dad was speeding on his motorbike (with my mum on the back) when he was a teen/early 20's, didnt even notice the cops behind him because there arent any mirrors on his bike, but he was going down the road and glanced behind him and practically saw the copper on 2 wheels trying to catch up. He got home to the other end of the road and put his bike away and came back out, the passenger copper told him it was dangerous etc but theres no way they could prove it and went back to the car, then the driver walks up and goes "you werent going too slow down such and such road either,were you mate?!" Winks, grins and walks off. Must have been the highlight of his night chasing my dad!