Thread: Your opinions on young'uns and high powered cars

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your opinions on young'uns and high powered cars

After taking a faster car out today for a test drive, talking with friends/family, there is mixed debate..

Would you go from a 1.2 litre 70bhp to a 1.8 turbo 190bhp beast? 0-60 from 15 secs to 0-60 in 7 ?

Being a 19 year old i absolutely loved it, stupidly fast (almost poo'd it ) I just want to see what others opinions are,

Have you gone from a little car to a big one and just got used to it? or did you work up the models?

Money is there etc.. Just can't help but think i'm gonna kill myself

Anyway, just wanna see your thoughts on the high powered cars at a younger age..

(Car i drove btw was a Audi A3 quattro, 1.8 turbo 4wd)

Believe it or not its only £13 more a month to insure then my punto.. Saved the quote just incase

So yea.. ermm.. yea discuss please
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I hate young 'uns in high powered cars - should be banned my hubby is 24 (13yrs younger than me) and he is a demon in the sri-t, thinks he owns the road! Had many arguments with him, it's just wrong!!! My opinion tends to be, when a young 'male' gains power in a car, they abuse it terribly Am sure many will disagre with me though
    tartan toerag

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree to some extent, but it's down to the individuals maturity, experience and common sense.

I drive about most of the day and see some young girls in high powered cars acting just the same, although not as many.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    I agree to some extent, but it's down to the individuals maturity, experience and common sense.

I drive about most of the day and see some young girls in high powered cars acting just the same, although not as many.
    Well, maybe it's mainly a 'youth' thing?

Waits to be shot down in flames!
    tartan toerag

SXi Stu
    im just 20 and dont drive like an idiot even though my car is quite powerful, not all young ppl drive like holligans, just most of them lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So.. put yourself at 19, and a chance to buy a high powered car... from your shoes you'd think...

And if your son (if you had one that was 17-18-19-20) wanted to get one.. What would you feel then? Would you think well yea, its his money and its only how much you use the accel? or hell no he'll swing it round a tree!

Doesn't seem like a much talked about subject here, its more 'give me more power' round here
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    Pipsqueak
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Id prefere to gain experience by building up to a powerful car by starting with a 1.1 of some sort. Come down Mansfield and theres loads of racers in corsas ect and they drive like idiots, then you see the daddys boys in 05 plate scoobys and bloomin beemers. I think its ok in some sense to have a high powerd car but if your young and just started driving then its silly. But the thing is all hese young drives will have a moment in fairy land and take the car beyond its capabilitys or even just drive it like a fool, then go killing themselves and others. Although saying that i see Grandmas in scoobys driving sensibly lol
    I dont own a vauxhall, i own another vw

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jang
    So.. put yourself at 19, and a chance to buy a high powered car... from your shoes you'd think...

And if your son (if you had one that was 17-18-19-20) wanted to get one.. What would you feel then? Would you think well yea, its his money and its only how much you use the accel? or hell no he'll swing it round a tree!

Doesn't seem like a much talked about subject here, its more 'give me more power' round here
    I have two sons, one nearly 17 and one at !4, hubby 24 and I would be peeing my pants if my sons could afford an high powered car, as I said before, it's just not right
    tartan toerag

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PS before anyone accuse me of peadophilia, hubby is NOT the father of my two sons
    tartan toerag

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tartan toerag
    PS before anyone accuse me of peadophilia, hubby is NOT the father of my two sons
    That word came up when we were about 12.. I'd like to think 99% of people on here are a little more grown up then to think that about you.

Fair play on your comments btw.. My mums the opposit to you, always been a nutter for bigger cars lol

Dads a bike rider rather then a car driver, only got a 750 atm but craves for more.
    ~Not long now people~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast