Thread: Can Somebody Help Me Please!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Can Somebody Help Me Please!!!

Hi, can anyone help me with this problem? I own a Vauxhall Zafira GSI with a Regal Stage 3 conversion, which has been on the car approximately 8/9 months. All was fine and I took it to Regal for a rolling road power run and had new iridium plugs and air flow meter fitted. Three to four days later, I noticed the car was running lumpy on idle and when driving, you could hear a really loud waste gate noise. I took it to Regal and they did a Tech 2 test and said all was ok but that cylinder number 3 was breathing heavy due to the piston crown being burnt off and the compression ring/oil ring. So, I took it to Vauxhall and they said there was no sign of the crown being burnt off as far as they could see when removing the spark plugs and said that if it was piston or compression then you would feel a misfire all the way through the rev change - and you donít. So, I then fitted a new boost control valve and itís still lumpy on idle. Please can anyone give me any advice as I am at a loss. The experts are giving me conflicting advice and I donít know what else to do. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    airflow meter or 2nd o2 sensor mate maybe even both, tech2 said my number 3 cylinder was playing up and thats what it turned out to be
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem

My zlet was misfiring and a while back and sometimes stalled turned out to be the air flow meter
    Flame red GSi Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If it's a specific cylinder then I would suggest checking the plugs and coil pack. Mine went down after having the CS3 fitted last year, that's the problem with using standard components when you uprate the enigne's power output, so will fail.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!