AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back to the bodyshop..

Following a change of heart, im having my standard snowflake wheels
    re-furbed and re-painted.

Been to the bodyshop this lunchtime to go through the colour swabs and a general mince

I opted for PCG 952 SILVER....means nothing to me, or you, apart from the fact the colour is very bright and very metallicy

Goes in on Monday for some more love...

Station Bodyshop - 01329 825472. One of the customers cars made me laugh too - its an 'M' Z3 with the number plate SH08T..reads SHOOT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yep means nothing to me but will look good i am sure going by the work they have already done to your car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteSXI
    yep means nothing to me but will look good i am sure going by the work they have already done to your car.

After looking at your new wheels, I thought about having a dark finish on the car. but after some persuasion decided they may look 'lost', so went the safe route

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doing the right thing imo, I was a little surprised by the wheel choice you made. The std wheels just look so 'right' on the GSi, more so when it's sitting a bit lower.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRON SRI
    After looking at your new wheels, I thought about having a dark finish on the car. but after some persuasion decided they may look 'lost', so went the safe route
    yeah i agree, have just been picturing them on a black car and i think you have made the right choice having them bright. plus it seems you may be going down the speed route (considering stage 2) in which case the 17s are a lot more practicle than the 19s.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteSXI
    yeah i agree, have just been picturing them on a black car and i think you have made the right choice having them bright. plus it seems you may be going down the speed route (considering stage 2) in which case the 17s are a lot more practicle than the 19s.
    I think I have too. My wheels havnt been cleaned in 2.5 weeks, so there looking dark, and tbh they dont look that great. Silver wheels is where
    its at.
    Im not considering phase 2 now, im doing it. ride quality and driveability everytime

Still waiting on my eibachs though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRON SRI
    I think I have too. My wheels havnt been cleaned in 2.5 weeks, so there looking dark, and tbh they dont look that great. Silver wheels is where
    its at.
    Im not considering phase 2 now, im doing it. ride quality and driveability everytime

Still waiting on my eibachs though
    i'm sure it will be great when done, just wish i had the engine to match the wheels

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good good. Waaayyyy nicer than those new rims that you bought. Just didn't look right on the car at all.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP
    Good good. Waaayyyy nicer than those new rims that you bought. Just didn't look right on the car at all.
    Any pictures of yours Frank?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one mate, nice clean bright silver rims - and different enough from standard that it will look cool, without ever looking ott ( which I know your not into! ) - whatever that paint code is, it sounds like some kind of high power bright silver - will do the trick nicely once you get your eibachs....
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast