Thread: Booked in....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Booked in....

Well im booked in with blue flame to get a cat back fitted on the 24th of this month, quite looking forward to it !

Just thought id share with u all!
    JP driving SRI-T, totally standard, whats the best way forward!?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bet you can't wait to get it fitted. Post some pics up once it is all
    done.
    Saving up to get a cat back system and would be intrested to see how it looks. Im the same and don't want to cut up the rear valence if i can help it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy SRI
    Bet you can't wait to get it fitted. Post some pics up once it is all
    done.
    Saving up to get a cat back system and would be intrested to see how it looks. Im the same and don't want to cut up the rear valence if i can help it.
    aye will do. Yeah cnt wait to be honest, i actually dont think my backbox at the mo has many miles left in it, i just hope it can hold on for another few weeks!

i was gonna go for the bespoke system, butttt it was a little out of my price range, so iv gone for the off-the-shelf wit the 6x4 oval. They said they will do any body work (ie cutting) need to make it fit - which im pleased about coz if nefin goes rong i know they'll sort it!

Another thing about my valance is that im thinkin of replacing it coz its all warped for sum reason, so im thinkin the twin exhaust valance from LMF will house the 6x4 tip better. Wot ya reckon?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats spot on mate if they are going to fit the exhaust and trim the rear valence. Saves you getting the hacksaw out lol.

Had a look at the Lmf Site, the twin valence will probably be better with the 6x4 oval, but i would wait and see what it looks like when it comes back from having the exhaust fitted.
    On the other hand, if you say the rear valence is warped it does give you a good excuse to get the valence made for the twin pipes.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy SRI
    Thats spot on mate if they are going to fit the exhaust and trim the rear valence. Saves you getting the hacksaw out lol.

Had a look at the Lmf Site, the twin valence will probably be better with the 6x4 oval, but i would wait and see what it looks like when it comes back from having the exhaust fitted.
    On the other hand, if you say the rear valence is warped it does give you a good excuse to get the valence made for the twin pipes.
    wellll the news is - i rang up LMF asking what the space was for the twin exhaust valance they do, but they werent sure. However they did say it is obviously manufactured to house the irmscher twin, so i rang a mate who has the irmy twin (my old car as it happens), asked him to measure the exhaust, and it turns out to be 7inches across, so logic would have it that my new 6" tip should fit.....

So another quick phonecall to LMF was needed to order the valance . Should be here tomorrow! So as you say it will giv me the time to get the new valance fitted, and then it'll be a case of old exhaust off, new exhaust on !

im pretty chuffed

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice one mate. You deffo don't hang around.

Getting a bit off the green eyed monster ere , still having to save those pennies up to get mine.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, thats the problem with me, if there is summit nigglin me, then i have to get it sorted ASAP, otherwise i keep thinkin bout it!

after the valance and the exhaust il have the car exactly how i want it to be. Next thing il be looking at will be a remap, but that will have to wait coz of insurance.....

my intention was to give it a few months to save up as well (it doesnt help that i am swapping jobs soon), but seen as my MOT is nearly up, and the backbox i have atm wont pass, i thought i may as well bite the bullet n get it all done.

How do u find your SRI-T then mate, ya happy with it?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive only had the car 6 months, but i am chuffed to bits with it.

Here's some pics from when i first had the car.

The only mod ive done since these pics were taken is to replace the grill with a irmy one. Next on the list is the exhaust and hopefully some tinted front and rear lights.
    I would off got the exhaust but i have just had the cam belt+water pump
    changed. Never mind, one less thing to worry about.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    very nice, a good looking example u have there. Yeah the irmy grill is a must, really sets it off.

I had to have ma cambelt done last month, cars ay, they're an expensive hobby!

I'd be interested to know exactly how many sri-t's remain on the roads

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your right about the grill, makes the car look more aggresive.One of the guys from AS started a thread to see how many SRi-T owners were on the site, i think there were about 15 last time i looked. I don't think you will ever find out how many, from the 500 made are still on the road. What other mods have you done to your car?