Thread: Major Lighting Problem!! Need Help!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Major Lighting Problem!! Need Help!!

Rite well my girlfriend bought me some black lexus lights and black angel eyes...

Just started fittin the rear lights and had no problems apart from the brake light is on constantly??? any ideas?

Put the old lights back on now and my right rear light is not working nor the brake light!! and the numberplate light has stopped workin! and its not bulbs coz ive changed them! well confused! anyone got any ideas?

And wot are Angel eyes like to install? looks like alot of cabling?

Any Help Grateful!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check ur fuses just in case.... as for the lexus lights are they the infamous lexus lights which every1 likes to slate? what bulbs are in? the reason i ask is that when i used the std rear lights I fitted some led stop/tail bulbs and due to the low current drain for some reason my 3rd brake light started workin as a tail/stop light - lighting up (dim) when lights on etc.... anyway I'd check the fuses and try again.

as for angels they should be plug n play...what type are they? Ive got FK's and although theres a lot of cabling they just plug into the original loom on your car. best to fit bulbs in angels when off the car (also fit uprated bulbs 80w minimum as projector is shite) - it would be wise to upgrade to HIDs as normal bulbs just dont cut it.

sorry for this long answer but hopefully should give u some pointers.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers mate! yeh il have a look at the fuses but dont think it will be when its just the light on one side and the number plate light? Yeh they are lexus lights but they look really nice on the black ones do! on a black Astra! I put some on my corsa and they was just s straight swap but cant get round this brake light problem! and now i have more problems coz the original lights wont work!

did you have to remove the front bumber to do your angel eyes? Mine are FK aswell!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah its a bumper off job but its a piece of piss to remove. a screw in each arch - one just at the bottom where the arch meets the lower bumper, 3 push rivets along the front underside (pull out the plastic pin in the middle of each one) and 3 along the front top .... remove old lights - twist and pull off the levelling motor and fit it in the angels (in place of the manual leveller thats in same position) - good to fit silver indicator bulbs as the orange ones spoil the look - if ur interested i can get the link for a place i got mine - only a couple of quid instead of over £10 for phillips ones.

another tip is watch out u dont mix up the dipped & main beam connectors as they are both the same size and u could do what i did and think its setup wrong when youve just plugged wrong ones in.

dunno if this makes any sense so i'll shutup now but any questions just ask.

Im pretty stumped about the rear lights issue - just make sure the tail/stop lights are fitted the right way due to having offset pins (this can sometimes cause irregularities like u mention)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeh cheers for the help mate! ive check all the pins and everythin and still cant find it! gonna hove to have another good hard look, but its lookin like an auto electrician mite have to be contacted!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im sure its been covered before - do a search although i cant think what to search for

u could try askin Autosparks if hes online. or PM him - he might know.

failing that then maybe try and find a decent non cowboy auto sparky!

good luck and let us know how u get on

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rear brake lights staying on.. seems like u have used the wrong bulb. This has happened before when i have changed a brake light bulb, i used the wrong sort of bulb. Put a double filament one in and it worked Hope that is of some use to u.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    check the wiring loom that came with the rear lights certain ones did come with faulty looms that caused all sorts of greif. It was rectified but a few could still be out there and you have got one

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i have SOLVED the rear brake light and number plate light problem! it was a fuse! just got to have another go at gettin these lexus lights on and working properly! then tackle the angel eyes!

As for the wrong bulb its not that i checked! Thanks for the suggestion tho!

Thanks for the help guys!
    Arden Blue Astra VXR