Thread: slight missfire when hot

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

slight missfire when hot

i have got a slight missfire when hot. i have had it in to a garage but they cant find any fault ,they can here the missfire and you can feel it when you take off fast but as i said it is only a slight 1.
    just wondering if anyone has had anything like it before or got any suggestions
    thanks
    tony

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You tried changing the plugs Tony? if you have them trying another coil pack could isolated the problem. 1.6 or 1.8 or 2.2?
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi oddjob
    its a 2.2 forgot to mention,yeah i have done the plugs,but i dont fancy buying a coil pack just in case its not that but i might have to just to find out weather it is.
    any ideas how much they are for a 2.2.
    when i acelerate hard and change gear i get this kick back feeling with it its almost like its missed a beat or i have touched the brakes then it takes off as normal

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shame Tony as I have spare coil packs for both the 1.6 and 1.8 and you could have tested the theory with either of them, just to help. Can't help with a 2.2 though.
    If I see one on E-Bay I'll let you know.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for the offer oddjob much apprecated.
    were abouts in stockport are you from i have seen a couple of nice astras when i am on my way in to work in hazel grove.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the Bredbury/Brinny area mate. You can't miss mine, it' star silver with a 4 vented bonnet and loads of other bodykit bits.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i will keep a look out for you when drivein through your neck of the woods