Thread: CDR500 help, urgent

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CDR500 help, urgent

Sold my CDR500 headunit on eBay last week. Headunit was working fine when i removed it but the guy who bought it has sent me this:

nick - the unit is jammed in SAFE mode (which means whoever attempted to decode it last time has tried several times) if the maximum attempt has been breached (10) i will have to pay vauxhaulls to get the thing decoded regardless of having the code (at a cost) - please advise
    WTF does this mean?? I sent the security code i was given with the car with the head unit. Has he tried entering the wrong code or something? I only removed it a week before sticking it on eBay and it was working fine and as far as i know has never been removed.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I don't think he's entering the code right

He needs the ignition to be on with the headunit off then he presses and holds the AS button while switchinging it on and still holding the AS button

After a few seconds it will beep and come up 10----

Use button 1 for the first number, 2 for the 2nd etc until the numbers right then press and hold the AS button again

As I say this will only work though if the headunit has permament live, earth and ignition connected
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, someone else has said the same thing. I have mailed him back and told him this.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the problem of safe appearing after i entered the code in a 7---- but didnt press and hold AS button. The next time i tried it just said safe. I tried a number of times until it finally worked. The key to getting it working was not to press the AS button into hard as it moves the security panel, so press lightly and it should work.

Hope this has help with any future problems.