Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the lowest i can go on 225/40/18 tyres?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats the lowest i can go on 225/40/18 tyres?

I have got 225/40/18 tyres on a mk4 astra hatch 1.6. I want to lower the car but not sure what the lowest is that i can go as dont want to do any mods to arches.

Anyone on here with these size tyres who have lowered their car? Please advise

Cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on the off set of the wheels.

ET45 and you should be able to go atleast -30

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Offset is ET42.

I wanted 40mm all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 007BOGEY
    Offset is ET42.

I wanted 40mm all round
    Forget it, I test fitted a Penta wheel the other day with a 225/40x18 tyre on it, although those are ET37 the tyre fills the arch right up and I'm only lowered -35mm at the front. The tyre was rubbing the mudflap and it had just finger width clearance between the tyre and arch at rest, although your wheels are ET42 they'res only 2.5mm difference between the 2 wheels and the tyre was right under the arch.
    Pic of the wheel fitted
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is that one of the second Set you have Oddjob coz thought yours had a Shadow Chrome Titanium finish on yours?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah Dave that's one of my second set. First set is finished and fitted now.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oddjob wanna sell me your second set or know of any goin cheap m8?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My second set are up for sale. However I'm looking at splitting the set as they will fetch more than as a set funnily enough. Cost of postage to you would be fairly high as well I'd imagine.

2 of the wheels are perfect, they have brand new 225/40x18 tyres on. The other 2 are kerbed in one place each, gouged would be more accurate. It slightly damaged the tyres as it peeled a small section of the wall away, however I've had them checked out by my local tyre fitters and they declare them to be fine, no cord damage, no egging, just cosmetic damage, they are also almost brand new, 8mm of tread on like the others.

You want to make me an offer I'm willing to consider it. No wheel centres BTW, that's the way I bought them.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So back to my thread above. What about if i get 225/35/18 tyres for the front and just leave my tyres at the back at 225/40/18. I want to drop the car but wana know what i can get away with.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your going to buy new tyres why not just get the right profile in the first place? 215/35x18 and you can drop it almost as much as you'd like.

Oh and I believe the backs rub all the bumper bracket away with 225/40x18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast