Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: someone tell me it'll be alright?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

someone tell me it'll be alright?

Next week me and my parents are going to have to put our dog down, shes a golden retreiver and shes going to be 1 week off her 14th birthday . She's been through everything with me, being around me when i was 5.. Now being 19 i've grown up with her around and although i'm a 'guy' and i shouldn't 'cry' i just keep getting myself in an absolute state. We're going to have her crommated and her ash's put in a nice urn to sit at the bottom of the stairs (where she always slept). I just don't know what to do with myself, she's not gone yet but even thinking about it is killing me.. I love her to bits (her names Lucy btw) and 14 years is a hell of a long time.. I've been thinking back to my past, and in thinking of the dog when i was younger i've managed to remember alot of my past, as weird as that sounds. I even remember running round my nan and grandads garden when i was 6 chasing after her then falling over and cutting my knuckle open.. Which is weird again as it would explain where this mark came from on my hand, i aways thought it was a birth mark.

Anyway, i just want to keep my mind busy for the next few weeks but i've got hardly any money.. When i was younger i always played about with something called 'ant weight robots' using from old gear from having a few R/C cars.. I've still got my old car and buggy so i don't want to buy another cheap R/C car or anything like that.. I love building things, keeping my hands busy (no sexual jokes please, really not the right time) i just wondered if you guys had any idea's on whats quite cheap and might keep me busy for a little while?

I've had a few hamsters and a rabbit and stuff, unfortunatly due to there nature they've only lived about 2 years but this is something else, its like the dog's a sister to me.. anything the family did, she did with us. People keep saying 'she must have been well looked after as 14 is a good age for a dog' but that still doesn't ease the pain

Sorry if i've brung up any previous memories for others, i just wanted to give the hole story so i didn't get any people replying just saying '****' or something like that.

Thankyou peeps, Mark.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ahh sorry buddy its always hard to lose a pet, especially when its one youve had for soo long and its a permantent part of the family. if theyve decided to have her put down, then she must not be well at all and it may be the nicest thing for her, to leve with her full dignity. i have a dog and even though he's only 2 i would hate to lose him. They are almost like a person. I cant imagine how you must feel. Hopefully you'll soon get your own house and be able to have another pet. not trying to day replce but it may help. Hope you are ok.

On the things to do side, why not put a little extra work into your car? Gt those bits you've wanted to do for ages but kept putting off done. Iget satisfaction from doin it, you may?

again feel for you fella
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i tried to keep that post short as possible, i don't really want to put down why she's getting put down as its nasty, but to put in short is big lump on side of front leg, catarac's in both eyes and weak back legs, and its only happened in the last few weeks, its all about quality then quantity, we could get her operated on to sort her lump and her eyes but her legs will still be bad and she's suffering from it, after long hard thinking and quite a few shed tears we've decided its for the best that she gets a good send off while she is still happy.

I now have my own place, have done for the last 4 months.. I'm not particulary close to my parents never that sorta 'mumma's boy' but since i moved out i've been over 3-4 times a week to go see the dog and she's always happy to see me.. I've even seen my grandad cry because of this, and he's a strong man who always puts a front, never ever seen him get upset..

As for the car.. That isn't an option.. It hasn't turned up yet, 5 months i've been waiting and the guy still hasn't found what i want.

Any other idea's? some sort of model kit or something?
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well sorry bout that mate, guess a pets not an option if your working. must say youve done well to get your own place if you 19. how about a build your own rc car? that way build then can play with it. or a model helicopter? plane? boat? make yourself a home stereo using car audio componets! ive always wanted to do this!! (btw wat car you getting?)
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As much as i'm loving your input.. Building my own RC car i've done about 10 times, elec's and nitro, boats i've never wanted to bother with, no space for a plane..

I'm running about £700 worth of home sterio so changing that for car stuff on a tight budget isn't an option

I have been looking on sites though for RC stuff.. thinking of changing from antweight to middleweight bot.. would defo keep me busy but cash is a problem and wouldn't be able to get it to start it within the week.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last year when my auntie passed away i got myself in a real bad shape, pritty much became an alchy, spent most of the time drunk, started taking drugs and eating and eating and eating.. All of that calmed down after a while, i still gotta have a beer when i come in from work, i smoke quite a bit now still though.

Although it sounds nasty, i know i'm going to take this worse then my auntie, i really need something to occupy myself with cause i don't want to go down that path again. I've had a few beers tonight, for some reason though i'm not even tipsy.. its just not sinking in.

I'm playing aload of songs that mean alot to me at the mo, but can anyone suggest something for me to listen to and drift away? Anything from hip hop to the real soft stuff.. like 'girly' songs i.e total eclipse of the heart that sorta thing..

I guess you just don't know what you got till its gone

EDIT: in reply to your question, if the guy pulls his finger out i'm getting a astra van, 2.0dti 16v.

Referencing your other comment about its hard to loose a pet, she's more then that.. Pet is such an abrupt dirty word, she's family.

Anyone on msn i could chat to? any of you lot typical late nighters? I wont chat about lucy all night, anything to just keep myself sane.. music cars bikes houses, whatever..
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    aww big hugs jang
    its always hard when you lose a pet and espescially hard when its part of the family and been with you through good and bad times

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey hun,sorry to hear about lucy...at least shes had a good family around her from the sound of things...bretts mom has 'penny' and shes a jack russel...penny is now 13 and bretts sister is ten years older then brett and shes got penny brother 'jack'....due to their age they are both deteroating (sp) very quickly,and i know that will hit the family hard,so i can understand...

when i was younger we had a rotweiler called 'Jasper'..he was my moms best freind....when i was 14 we had to have him put to sleep,he had cancer in his leg..he was only 11....that hit my mom very hard indeed,she was depressed for a very long time..we had Jasper cremated and he had an aok casket with a brss platre with his name on....it was so sad. But when my mom passed away i opened up 'Jaspers' casket and i scatterd his ashes on my moms grave..Brett was with me when i did that. It was not a sad feeling at all to do that ...I was quite at peace with myself.

Losing a pet that has been around and experienced times with you is some feeling you cant describe.,..it is unconditional love...and is part of the family,you could sit there and cry to a dog,rant and rave at them but they always want a fuss at the end of it,they are great companions...but i would rather put my pet to sleep rather then he/she suffering tbh chik.
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    :'( been through this myself a couple of times and its not nice at all. Our last dog it happened to was always fat (never thought anything of it and neither did the vet) until he took very ill.

Took him to the vet to discover he had a rather large tumour, vet phoned my mum to say the tumour was really large and when they opened him up if it had spread they werent going to bring him back round or continue but if it hadnt spready, they would operate. They operated and asked if they could keep the tumour to run test etc on it as it was the largest the vet had removed b4, said Sam was fine and was recovering well and had just taken a drink. Said he was very different though as most of his body weight before had been the tumour, mum asked if she could come and see him and vet said no incase it upset him.. Vet phoned at 10 o'clock that night to say Sam had passed away that the op was that large it had just put too much strain on his heart. We were all so devistated .

So male or not your right to griev over Lucy.. at the end of the day when i go home the 1st thing i look for is my dog (Niko) and hes the 1 that comforts me etc when im upset.. its only natural that we miss them so much and it hurts so much when they are taken from us.

Enjoy the time you have left with her and the happy memories of her...

Be strong too, you'll get there in the end.
    http://img25.exs.cx/img25/864/sigshelly.jpg
    Gossard- Nike for ya bum ops: Wanna go topless!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou for all the positive messages you've all given,

Tommorow is when it all happens, 18th May 1994 - 9th May 2006. Really thinking about getting that tatto'd to my arm or something, i know its something i'll never regret and some people may say its childesh etc but still. I think its a good way to keep her name alive. Although i'll never forget her.

After being put to sleep at the vet's she's going to special doggy cematary..

So bloody hard, being a mechanic by trade i was in work today and even the simplest of jobs just seemed so hard, i just pritty much swept and cleaned up all day as i couldn't do anything. Been sick a few times, think thats just cause my body is in shock in hearing its going to be tommorow and its just throwing it all out.

We are together again, i'll be with you till the end. We are together as one, we'll feel the love carry on.. Forever and ever together again.

What a lyric

EDIT: on the note of loosing family members, anyone ever watch lassie and homeward bound? Bloody films shouldn't be aloud on the screens.. Nothing hits the spot like them.
    ~Not long now people~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast