Thread: Film ratings/classifications

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Film ratings/classifications

Right, call ame and old man(Im not, im 19) but this is confusing me. I personally dont care about the subject but i thought i'd see what you lot reckon.

Last night i went to see 16 Blocks, rated 12A, so sitting there eating all my food i snuck in, on comes a trailer for another film with jimmy carr in, and some woman with a pretty big rack gets her tits full on out for her naturist wedding shes got planned, and some other bloke in the buff talking about his dick (but you cant see it). Then later on in the film, one of the baddies shouts out *****! really loudly.. now when i was 12, a 12 rated film (or pg, 12 being the age you can get in without a parent) was stuff like james and the giant peach, not gunfights, tits and the second worst swearword there is. I thought they brought in this new rating system with 12 and 12A etc to help better classify these things, but if youre gonna let a 12 year old see people getting their brains sprayed over a car window with the aid of some dudes glock and some old bloke shouting *****, then films may aswell be an unclassified free-for-all.

When i was 12 i'd probably have gone 'ooh, hehehe boobies' at the trailer, but being the sensible bunch you are (haha) and knowing there's parents on here, i wondered what are your thoughts?

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with you, however don't see the point in the "18" or "Adult" tag. They should scrap "15" and "18" and just have a bog standard "16". People can get married at 16, have a family at 16, pay more to get on the bus at 16, pay tax at 16, so why cant they see a slightly scary or some people shagging?
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i reckon more so that they are keeping the film content in the films, bad swear words boobs and so on, but lowering the age limit to get more people in to see them thereby creating more revenue.
    Doesn't set a good example for children imo.
    A 12a also means that with parents consent children the likes of ten can get into 12As. which i dont realy think is right.

Status
    "Choking his Monkey"
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But then again, kids at age 5 can drink alcohol in their own homes if supervised by an adult... Im sure seeing boobs and hearing swearing wont damage them asmuch.
    DELETED BY ADMIN -MATG