Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those of you that have left the "Astra fold"....

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Those of you that have left the "Astra fold"....

It's been 5 and a half months now. The leon is a better built, faster and a more comfortable car but yet I still long for my astra.

Every now and then I'll look at old pics and I'll just want to drive it again. I love the Leon, I really do, but the astra... I just want it back.

Myself and Byron were discussing this a while ago, and I think part of the problem is being on AS still - it's almost as if the social friendly side of AS is making me want an astra so I can really be part of the gang.

It also doesnt help that I've been seeing a lot of Jace and his car lately... everytime I see it I just remember how good mine was. DAMMIT!

Does anyone else get like this?

Darren, if you're reading this... I WANT IT BACK (hell, you can even leave that C20 LET thing in it if you want )
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you will never be part of the gang

edit:

and lmao

Quote Originally Posted by sjflat

It also doesnt help that I've been seeing a lot of Jace and his car lately... everytime I see it I just remember how good mine was. DAMMIT!

jace's isn't that bad....
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

SXi Stu
    should never have left the faithful serves u right lol, only kidding fella. How you find the leon then? I was considering one before my mk5

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i have not had my astra 7 weeks now i still own the car but its in the body shop well it was parked next to a nice db9 on friday

Status
    South West RO
    was Shane_SRI
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sell the Leon and buy an astra with a turbo in it

Walk towards the light....
    Defend Freedom. You are the resistance!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That poor car Steve, how could you forsake it. You've not only let your car down, you've let yourself down. In fact...you've let Astra owners all over the world down. I'm really dissapointed, I expected better from you. Shame on you Steve! Shame on you!

Rusty: At least you're on my side dude!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i do like the astra g but the LCR is a lot nicer an faster then a std gsi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Astras are hard to leave. They're not a very good car, they're not a very bad car, but by god they're addictive.

I went from a crap 1.6 8v Club to a brand new Corsa, and stuck it out in the Corsa 18 months until I gave up and went back to an Astra. The Corsa was a ood wee car, but just never felt right compared to the Astra - I find the Mk4 to be a car that feels just right for me.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think a lot of the problem is the colour as well. Black just looks soooooo good. The yellow leon is cool but the black astra. No comparison really.
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    only drove my Coupe turbo twice and its in the garage now from yesterday till monday or tuesday, want it back!!! Can't say i am missing my hatch much though at the moment, though any sort of car would make me happy till i get the coupe back, hate not being able to drive.

Only had a corsa and astra before so can't really compare it against anything, but the astra is a very good car to drive, and feels/looks nice on the inside compared to some other cars

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast