Thread: z20let software upgrades - help!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

z20let software upgrades - help!!

Hey guys,

Been a vaux driver for years with my old redtop calibra, but have more recently bought a mint astra g turbo and since i live down here in australia....i cant find a damn thing (relatively) in the way of performance upgrades...

only had it a month or two and plan on building her up to be smooth sleeper..have put her on 18's and have a set of eibach sportline springs and set of swaybars to go in...deristricted airbox & K&N filter.all OPC badging etc....but the difficulty i am having is with the engine.

i would love a phase 2 or similar (evo/eds etc) but none of them (courtenay/wallace/reagal) can help me. they want me to send my ecu to them and they program it and send it back..which will be costly and take more than few weeks... i cant be without my car for anywhere near that long does anyone here know a way around this? i have spoken to as many tuning shops as possible and none of them can do anything with the std ecu, they all suggest unichip or similar. but for some reason i feel it would be better/safer result from one of the people in the uk that offer these upgrades.

a few guys here in australia have chips from a company that recently stopped offering upgrades for the astra, and a few others have boost controllers coupled with fuel cut defenders and they 'seem' to be doing ok....

anyone have anyideas or suggestions other than unichip or full aftermarket ecu?

what i am hoping for is under 300 hp..or basically as high as i can go with the std turbo. i have a good front mount intercooler on its way and will be upgrading all the usual(exhuast/intake etc)...eventually might upgrade the turbo but not for a while.

if all else fails i will prolly just get a boost controller and FCD...but i wont get much more than say an extra 30hp from i dont think? i like to do things properly the first time.

help?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you could get another spare ecu and send it to regal to program up for you.
    not sure how much another ecu would cost. but thats one way round not having your car for a few weeks.
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i have considered that, if i see one i might buy it...but i dont know exactly what to look for...and even then it will be custom tuned to a different car...

bummer

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    didnt AMD do the one click unit for the astra Z20LET?

not sure if they still do it but was it not a case of plugging the unit into the OBD port and it loaded the map on for you?

might be totaly wrong on this though
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY
    didnt AMD do the one click unit for the astra Z20LET?
    not sure if they still do it but was it not a case of plugging the unit into the OBD port and it loaded the map on for you?
    might be totaly wrong on this though
    AMD is who he was talking about that have stopped mapping Astras. Some of the turbos had issues with the fuel here after they were mapped so many owners went back to standard of with powerchip but it even seems they've paused their support for Astra T's.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly Nem (seen you on opelaus )
    there arent really any options anymore for software in australia, unless you get a full custom ecu - motec/greddy etc...

does anyone on here have much experience with a boost controller setup?