Thread: Exhaust/BackBox

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exhaust/BackBox

I was enquiring this afternoon how much a twin pipe back box would be and for a custom one (all materials and labour) I was quoted £170. I think that's a good job considering the prices of some unfitted back boxes I've seen on the Internet and the boy that does the making and fitting has a cracking reputation.

I've done a very rough, low resolution photochop of the look I'm after:

Just wondering what your opinions were on the price and the choice of exhaust/backbox?

Thanks!
    Crazy little Scottish lass!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    personally i wouldnt go the the trouble of getting a custom exhaust made and just getting one that looks similar to others available on the market, especially one that close to an irmscher one. i would get summit a bit more either extravagent, or just different....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your going to spend that much on a back box, i would say
    just pay a bit more and get a cat back system
    imo that would be a much beter option
    Arden Blue GSI (Now gone)
    White Scooby WRX STI (Now stolen)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £170 for a backbox! FFS u must be mad. I'd only go down the custombuilt route if the car was either rare or u wanted a totally "out there" one off system. The fact your car is a standard model then I dont see why u dont just get a normal off the shelf number. You can pick up decent ones for about a ton - i paid about £60 for mine on ebay and ive got no complaints! either a cheaper option like this or get a decent cat back sytem off the shelf for about the £170 figure u quoted...something like a nice Remus Race Pipe (straight through centre section) and a nice backbox would be ideal.

Obviously these are just my opinions at the end of the day and its of course upto u what u go for.

Good luck whatever u decide.

EDIT: Ooops just realised this is in the regional forums....u may wish to ignore my advice .....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i paid 160 for mine due to me wanting it made the exact same as the standard set up.

my cars and general shizzle...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b387/se2coupe/

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    £170 for a backbox! FFS u must be mad. I'd only go down the custombuilt route if the car was either rare or u wanted a totally "out there" one off system. The fact your car is a standard model then I dont see why u dont just get a normal off the shelf number. You can pick up decent ones for about a ton - i paid about £60 for mine on ebay and ive got no complaints! either a cheaper option like this or get a decent cat back sytem off the shelf for about the £170 figure u quoted...something like a nice Remus Race Pipe (straight through centre section) and a nice backbox would be ideal.

Obviously these are just my opinions at the end of the day and its of course upto u what u go for.

Good luck whatever u decide.

EDIT: Ooops just realised this is in the regional forums....u may wish to ignore my advice .....
    My car ain't always going to be standard! Am slowing building it up.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My friggin standard backbox is falling to bits the last bit of the heat shield just fell off and it's as rusty as *****. Looks like I'm going to have to decide on a backbox before I get to fit my rear bumper as planned. Can't afford the rear bumper at the moment, just hope when i can the backbox I get fits okay with the new rear bumper....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Irmscher rear box with remus race centre section sounds good, had it on my old sxi 1.6

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    give free-flow and c&c a try should be able to sort u out with a wee tasty backbox that wont brake the bank

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was a twin one i got from c+c for £170, brilliant job, i cant fault them at all, its not so custom now though because i ripped it off the vw and put it on my GTE, lol, still sounds good though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast