Thread: Full Scorpion Exhaust System Problems...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Full Scorpion Exhaust System Problems...

Basically ive just fitted a cat-back system to my car last night, and have found that the centre box is sitting rather low, infact its sitting that low that its scraping off speedbumps rather severely, meaning that i cant get to places i usually could do lol.

Now the exhaust is definatley on correctly, as we managed to put the centrebox on the wrong way round the first time and it sat even lower

What do i need to do to sort this out? as there is only one hanger on the centre box, should i get it taken to an exhaust place and get some made up to fit? Therefore pulling the exhaust up more, or is it something else i need to do.

Second problem is, the tail pipes of the backbox are sitting right up close to the bumper, infact actually touching the underside of the bumper, yet again, what would be a good way to pull these down a little tiny bit, just so there not actually touching the back bumper?

Possibly a third problem that may be related to the second,but the exhaust makes funny noises when travelling down the street, usually in second gear, as soon as i pick up speed it seems to disappear, or get drowned out.... one of the two...

Would getting a replacement piece of pipe for the middle-section that doesnt have a box on make my life a bit easier do you think, along with making the exhaust that bit louder for my own personal gains??

Ill try and get some pics up tonight if i can.

Adam

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a similar problem so i just removed all boxes and section's a fitted a full straight through system, only problem with it is the neighbours complaints
    New Front End, Now for the ASS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd defo consider getting a str8 thru pipe - im after one myself but dunno about the neighbours reactions (6am starts might be a bit of an annoyance)

as for the issue with the tailpipe - i would suggest tryin to bend the hangers so the box sits where u want it - personally i just left mine sitting high and after a few weeks the exhaust melted a nice custom made recess in the bumper! lol

as for the strange noises??? have u checked for any leaks within the system - dunno if this could be the cause but defo worth checking.

Im surprised theres only 1 hanger on the centre section....thought there would be 2 at the front and 2 if not more towards the end where it meets the backbox. I defo think pics will help here, but maybe popping into a local exhaust fabricator may be worthwhile. What about that Exhaust-a-Fix place? they seem to come highly recommended....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Exhaust-a-bodge in our area (Darlington) really is pretty poor nowadays, im taking it to unique exhausts thats just opened up, the lads got a good name for himself from previous work at powerflow so see what he says about it when its up on the ramps tomorrow..... sounds like a straight through pipe it is then! lol..... should i just get the middle box chopped out or get a new pipe made up, as the middle box is just straight, and then connects to another bit of pipe which connects the centre section to the backbox which does all the curving over the backbox.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got a straight through middle section made up today, 4 hangars on it, and it sounds as well as fits mint.....only problem is a small loss of power as the backbox piping is 2.5"s if i remember rightly either that or 2 and a quarter/2 and 3 quarters in diameter...... meaning too big for my 1.6 16v engine and so losing back pressure according to the bloke.....

Anyone think theres much chance of me selling the scorpion middle box/section ive changed??

Adam