Thread: Have your say....

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation Have your say....

Its been bought to our attention by various members on here that the PM system is being abused to generate members for other astra sites.

First of all we would like to thank all the members that have reported the PM's to us and for showing there support for astrasport, its nice to know you feelings on this and that we should be aware of it.

Now we are currently undecided on what to do about this matter, we are aware of the 3 sites that have been doing this and the various members involved. We understand that every site has to start some where but to use the PM system to "poach" or generate members we feel is a little under handed and not exactly fair.

However we obviously want to keep all astras in one comunity, its why astrasport was started in the first place, so we thought we would hear your thoughts on the matter and what you think we should do about it

cheers for any input
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ban them all, find out where they live and petrol bomb their houses!!!

pretty wrong really! they shouldnt be doing that... but really Why not jus name and shame!
    GSi Turbo - CS2 - 253bhp / 275ft/lb Torque
    1/4 mile - 14.62secs @ 95.5mph

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because you say "sites have to start somewere" this gives massive clues as to what sites they are...

THB, I would just name the users and let the grief they get be the punishment..

Also, why did I not get an invatation????????????

Anywayz, I am happy here and unless there was an stra site offering FREE stuff for my car then Im not interested
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldnt have thought this matter should be up for discussion. It's pretty obvious what needs to be done. Depending on the severity of each individual case I think they should be banned or at least some action taken....but to be honest if certain ppl want to leave AS and go elsewhere then ***** em! Their loss! We can cope without em! As for the members who are poaching then get rid! Simple as!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see where you're coming from Mat but I don't see its a massive problem.

I'm a member of a couple of other astra websites but i'd say all the rest are years behind astra-sport in terms of reaching the same level of quality, member-base and usefulness.

The only forum I visit and post on regularly is a-s, its the only astra forum you can get a decent techincal reply on within minutes. I'm not knocking other forums but they dont have the same pool of members that a-s has.

The issue that bugs me the mosts is members of other astra forums that slate astra-sport and its members, but for some reason they still use and post on astra-sport....to be honest it makes my piss boil.

Rant over
    LM Audio - Knebworth Herts - 01438 812444

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they wouldnt be able to find a better forums with tits and ass like this one anyway...so there!
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well i will openly admit that I have recently sent 1 PM to another member promoting another site in addition to AS not against, and the manner of the PM wasnt intened as poaching! I have promoted AS in the same manner before.

I agree that there is a line, if members are being pestered or told to join other forums then that is wrong, and not being told to 'come and join a better forum instead of this one' approach.

But, I think members being made aware of sites in freindly manner is ok aslong as thats all it is.
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is room for multiple splinter forums, thats evolution, as for using this ones PM system to flaunt it, then thats a no no. It should be in the rules thats this is severely frowned upon, as is advertising them in your signatures too !!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_c
    I see where you're coming from Mat but I don't see its a massive problem.

I'm a member of a couple of other astra websites but i'd say all the rest are years behind astra-sport in terms of reaching the same level of quality, member-base and usefulness.

The only forum I visit and post on regularly is a-s, its the only astra forum you can get a decent techincal reply on within minutes. I'm not knocking other forums but they dont have the same pool of members that a-s has.

The issue that bugs me the mosts is members of other astra forums that slate astra-sport and its members, but for some reason they still use and post on astra-sport....to be honest it makes my piss boil.

Rant over
    This ones going in my notebook! Good choice of wording my son!
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    imo the way these members are going about this is wrong and should be delt with accordingly. i never knew this was going on at all.
    jimmy out of interest what can people say is wrong with A-S?
    this is the only forum im a member of and the only one i would want to be part of.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast