Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheap flights

Alrighty people!

ok since some of you are no doubt bored / skiving work etc, here's a mission.

I need to get to Munich, Germany for the weekend of the 6th / 7th May. I can stay a max of 3 nights - so thinking thurs, fri and sat and come back on sunday. I live in Edinburgh, so thinking I'll prob need a connecting flight to london stanstead or something... cheaper the better!

someone sort me out
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try skyscanner.net

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fly to amsterdam and train it to germany buddy it will be easyer

and cheaper i would imagine
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigY
    fly to amsterdam and train it to germany buddy it will be easyer

and cheaper i would imagine
    Fly...don't take the train from Amsterdam. It'll end up adding about 6 or 7 hours onto your journey time as Munich is deep south.

www.ebookers.com
    www.dial-a-flight.com

You'll love Munich. Really nice city. My sister lives there.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one - so far it's looking to cost just over £150 - flight to stanstead on thursday evening, then stanstead to munich. Back to stanstead on sunday lunchtime, then back home to edin. seems like a good price for all that.

never been there before, my mate is working out there for a couple of weeks so staying with him - so yay free stay in a hilton, and just have to pay for flights, which is why I'm doing this btw good chance really!

simon, have you been over there much at all? what is the nightlife like?? any recomendations on where to go etc? any advice appreciated mate.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is a good price flying from Edinburgh. I usually pay between £90 and £150. That's flying direct from Gatwick with Lufthansa.

There's loads to see and do in Munich. Depends on what you want to do. I usually go out there to relax and don't tend to go out in the evenings. Maybe a nice bar or something or restaurant. There are some huge beer halls there and food is cheap.

You'll find nightlife totally different than in England. It's more subdued (unless it's Oktoberfest), but far nicer and much more friendly.

Go to the Olympic Village, it's nice there and there's a huge spire that you can catch a lift up giving you breathtaking views over the city. There's a lovely park in the centre of the city called English Gardens. There's a are a few small lakes in it. It's a nice break from the city. There's also a big nudist section there but whenever I'm there, there are no 20-something blondes laying down. lol

Public transport there is fantastic and runs like clockwork it has its own underground called the U-Bahn' which is always dead on time and the stations are immaculate! Also there is a good tram network and the city has a mainline station ('Hauptbahnhof' which you'll take from the airport about 30 mins train ride away right to the city centre) You don't need a car there at all. The trams and the U-bahn all meet there too.

Try and go to the BMW museum although the last two times I've been there, it's been shut as a new one is being built. There was just a small display centre in its place.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds good Simon cheers mate. I'll def have to check out that bmw museum! My mate is staying in a hilton, he said it ajoins the station where the line to the airport runs through, so that sounds spot on. I'll have friday to myself as my mate will be at work, so plenty time to just check the city out and relax.

....nudist section you say....