Thread: Lexus Soarer

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lexus Soarer

Anyone know how swift they are? What's the stats? Tried searching t'internet but not found much.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    there is one around romford that ant slow
    it has the twin turbo lump fitted i think as it has the brakes from a toyota supra under its rims

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iirc theres a 3.0 twin turbo...probably shares the same block as the supra...blooody quick

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    toyota Soarer have a look under that name

A question often asked is about the name of the car. Is it a Lexus Soarer or a Toyota? The official answer is that there was never a car called the Lexus Soarer produced anywhere in the world. In Japan the car was called the Toyota Soarer, in the United States of America it was called either the SC400 or the SC300.
    However, the car was never officially available in the United Kingdom, Australia or New Zealand, home to many a model imported from Japan. Owners in these countries do change the emblems on imported Toyota Soarers to read as a Lexus Soarer. There are many arguments from owners both for and against but those who do change the emblems to Lexus Soarer do so because the of the cars undoubted luxury pedigree, not to deceive but to pay homage to the Lexus brand.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, just had an experience with one on the motorway, didn't race it though moved out it's way and it flew past - always wondered what was in them. Didn't look std this one either. Quite nice.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Toyota Soarer....Lexus was badged differently. Engine sizes were 2.5 single turbo IIRC not 3.0 twin turbo. A 3.0 N/A engine, 4.0 and 4.3 V8 engines were also available.

I really like them and they look quite trick in pearl white. Need some large deep dish split rims though to look in proportion with the blobby body.

CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my mate has one, its a lexus soarer 4.0 auto limited edition. BLOODY QUICK!

and they look wicked. it's pearl white with beige interior, tinted windows, and 18" bk alloys. Will be for sale in a couple of weeks if anyone is interested?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    went and looked at 1 a while ago before i bought my 944 but insurance was a killer,, cool funky electric dash that shows you the clocks through a mirror (dont know how else to put it lol) no space in the back huge amount of space in the front,evil handling car that will easily bite you in the ass if it catches you off guard,, huge power in the 2.5 twin turbo it runs a 1jz engine where as the newer supras run the 2jz (remember fast and the furious lol) then theres a 3.0 ltr n/a thats meant to be tame through to a 4.0 some even had "active suspension" that according to owner of the 2.5tt is the best handling one of them all but costs a fortune to fix

they were badged in america as the sc300 and sc400 lexus never was a 3ltr twin turbo or a 4.3 v8 old shape however there was a 4.3 in a newer shape that got sold over here as the sc430

iv seen a video of one running in the 8s over a quarter mile and it looks like its not even trying and still have a soft spot for them nowadays

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A m8 of mine has a 4 ltr and it looks and drive just as you would expect it to,spares are hard to get and he says he needs his own cash machine and a petrol pump in the boot.
    but what a fun car to drive