Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

am i mad

after owning my coupe for 3 months, to get a corsa

its the 1.8 coupe n been looking at the 1.8 corsa, same kinda figures in bhp so guessin same ish engine (not sure) but in a smaller lighter car

mainly the reason i was thinking of this was because before i got the coupe i wanted a mini cooper, but couldnt insure it bizarely so the coupe was my 2nd choice.on of my mates got the cooper s, and i seen it y/day, which makes me want a mini again, but still i cant get insured and with the loan etc on me astra i cant raise it much

so got me lookin into alteratives and corsa sprung to mind, the 1.8's as standard come lookin nice with the 16's on, has all the computery things etc, but not leather (well ive seen in some but hardly any)

but then corsa's have the 'chav' image in them dont they which is a downside to them and the 1.8 doesnt really stand out too much from them (well i mean i could make it stand out )

do i look into it more about gettin the corsa?
    do a bit more to me astra and see if i like it then?
    just keep me astra as it is, wait till i can afford to get me mini?
    http://jaymesd.fotki.com/ - ASW VOL - The Gentlemans Car Driver

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like the look of the newer corsas .... I dont think they have a have image at all.

Big engined ones make a lot of sense & fun !

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thought i would be diff as not many people have coupes. 1 of me mates got the 2.2 cab an another had the turb for about 1 month n didnt like it (sold n got a cossie)

arrrrgh i dunno

i think i just want a smaller car again, i miss my MG

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know it's boring ....... but do what makes financial sense !

No point stretching yourself - my mate has had to put his Supra off the road because he can't quite afford the running costs.
    Bloomin shame - but at least he has the car of his dreams

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its what you feel comfortable in isn't it, im the opposite, i had smaller cars before my coupe but now i wouldn't trade down again, love my coupe too much.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the mini is group 8 ins
    the coupe is group 9 ins

but they wouldnt quote me on the cooper :s

the cooper is slightly slower than the coupe and does better mpg etc etc

the corsa does about the same as the astra

i bet i wont sleep now

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well thats what i thought mat, you always upgrade to a bigger car like, never go smaller, but i feel am not ready for the big jump lol

already reversed into a trailer in me coupe in the 1st week i had it feels massive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My daughter has the Corsa C Exclusiv, comes with bodykit already on including blended skirts, spoiler and bumpers. Also has 9 spoke 16" alloys, heated leather seats, climate control but it's only available in the 1.4 engine, however it's not too bad. Gets about a bit but just doesn't have the kick my 1.8 has.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Before my coupe 2.2 i had a 1.2 16v corsa c slammed on fk coilovers with all the irmscher body parts, i loved it, even for a 1.2 it made me smile chucking it round the bends at speed, my brother now has it and he loves it too, but he is also looking at the 1.8 and transfering alll the body bits and suspesion over.
    199 BHP 322 lbs/ft Torque from a smokey diesel!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i can quite honestly say i'd never change from my coupe to a corsa..... no offence to corsa lovers out there, it just ain't happening.

i did however spend 8 months building the new mini's, and i did actually consider buying one when i was looking for a new car (even after seeing over 300 a day, lol) because they do have a certain charm, and are a blast to drive. obviously i landed up with my coupe instead, which was by far the better value for money imho.

whatever you do do not get the Mini one (lowest power) because it is gutless and poverty specced beyond belief in general (unless you buy a lot of extras, taking it back up to a price comparable to the cooper anyway).

I'm suprised about the insurance - i managed to get a quote back when i was 19 on a cooper.... how old are you?
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast