Thread: Boot Rattle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Boot Rattle

This may sound like a stupid post, But has anyone else had problems on their G with a boot rattle?
    I took everthing out my boot and ive tracked it down to the lock system. I moved the post, that was no help, the bootlid just wouldnt shut properly.

It seems to rattle in time with bumps in the road, its just so annoying, it never goes away. I always forget about it and then i get in the car and there it is again. Its such an annoying noise. everyone that gets in the car comments and i hate it.

I can sort of stop it by resting the boot ajar on something like a towel, but i cant drive around with an open boot and a towel hanging out..?.

Any ideas? before i think about buying a bigger stereo to at least drown it out...lol
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have a fiddle with the 2 rubber stops on the corners and try to take up some slack on the boot movement.

Also have a fiddle with the plunger switch for the boot light - that is usually the 2nd favourite culprit

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a rattle in my boot somewhere too. Stripped the lot, the only things it could be are the bumper or the spoiler. I suspect the bumper, as it's been off a few times due to the previous owner having had a towbar on the car.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might be an idea to check that something hasn't fallen into the boot skin. If the factory dropped a washer or something and it fell into the bottom of the boot skin this may cause the rattle you can hear. Propping the boot slightly up may just make the washer or whatever stay against the skin and not rattle.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good suggestions. Ill try having a closer look at the rubbers never thought of them! and i must admit i did think about the bootskin but never had it off. Im thinkin maybe its time for that.

cheers all.
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the switch for the boot light! It took me ages to find that it was that rattling on mine!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I find that welding up the boot usually does the trick.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge67er
    I find that welding up the boot usually does the trick.
    Wan.ker.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BYRON SRI
    Wan.ker.
    Ok I am new here but is it really wise or appropriate to post up your favourite past times on here??

I thought this was a car forum to talk about cars & such like not favourite past times...

I mean dont take this the wrong way if you want to beat your meat thats fine with me but I really dont want to know about it duano what I mean??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 320BHP4x4
    Ok I am new here but is it really wise or appropriate to post up your favourite past times on here??

I thought this was a car forum to talk about cars & such like not favourite past times...

I mean dont take this the wrong way if you want to beat your meat thats fine with me but I really dont want to know about it duano what I mean??

Im thinking you have re-registered with a new user name then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast