Thread: Tips on fitting powerflex wishbone bushes?

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tips on fitting powerflex wishbone bushes?

Finally got these through yesterday after ordering them on 13th March

The company I oredered them from messed up the delivery address and were pretty bad at helping me out. I had to do most of the leg work, question asking etc. so after 8 or so emails, + a couple of frustrating phone calls I tracked them down to being at a house 5 doors down from me.

Anyway, has anyone got any tips on fitting these bad boys?

Im going to buy new wishbone nuts and bolts as a matter of course.

Anything else?

I will be doing a how too on this if there is not one already.

Astra_Coupe 83 has claimed the yellow front engine bush before anyone asks as I already have one - a must buy for anyone with a cable change!

NOTE: I didn't order these via powerflex, they don't deal direct with the public and only go through distributers. I can see from the packing slips etc that the order was given to powerflex on 14th of March and they shipped them on the 16th March, so I can't fault powerflex, they did and do a top job. just a bit miffed with the original distributer

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Easy peasy things to fit, once you've got the old bushes out of the wishbones - for which you will need to get a bit creative

Fitting the new ones is easy as they are just a firm push fit in the holes - use all that supplied grease tho. Gently smacking them in with a wooden/rubber mallet Will be called for at worst.

I hope you have better luck than I did with them - I took them off after about 3 months

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffoeg
    I hope you have better luck than I did with them - I took them off after about 3 months
    how come?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Because they creaked on all surfaces worse than a standard Mk4 going over a speed bump.

Maybe I was a bit miserly with the magic grease, but as I used one and a half pack per set, I somehow doubt it.