Thread: Turbo Dynamics turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Turbo Dynamics turbo

I have had my hybrid on for 18 months running eds 3 at 283bhp/326lb torque and it has started making a dry squeeking noise when cold when I blip the throttle, oil was last changed 6 months ago so I might change that first on Saturday.

Has anyone else suffered this or am I the only unlucky one?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine's been fitted for about 9 months with no squeeking mate. Is yours a stage 1 or 2?

If you're after a replacement my stage 2 will be for sale very shortly.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iam having alot ov trouble with the turbo dynamics turbos at the moment iam on eds phase 3

ive had 4 turbos as they keep leaking oil, running dwn the manifold and burning off, spoke to turbo dynamics numoiurs times they reckon tha its due to bck pressure in the exhaust not enough and now the 5th ones gone

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    Mine's been fitted for about 9 months with no squeeking mate. Is yours a stage 1 or 2?

If you're after a replacement my stage 2 will be for sale very shortly.
    Thats what I am running, does my memory serve me right that uve just got the garret t3 if so what did that set you back. If the price is ok along with manifold Ill go that way other wise Ill go for the vxr unit

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spg
    iam having alot ov trouble with the turbo dynamics turbos at the moment iam on eds phase 3

ive had 4 turbos as they keep leaking oil, running dwn the manifold and burning off, spoke to turbo dynamics numoiurs times they reckon tha its due to bck pressure in the exhaust not enough and now the 5th ones gone
    I know half how you feel cos this is my second from them as mine also leaked oil originaly and Regals removed it sentit back to TD who found nothing wrong with it, balenced it and Its been fine for the past 12 months. The trouble I think is that allthough I am impressed with the bhp/torgue achieved I just dont think the turbo is stong enough for the strong boost. Might try a garret or have to surrfice with the vxr unit.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have had 4 new units and every one leaked including the one on my car now

iam going dwn regals tomz if they cant come to a conclusion iam going to go spare

regal reckons its sumthing to do with my car, ive checked all breathers, checked the turbo return, even put a restrictor in my dwn pipe to aid bck pressure(turbo dynamics recommended tha) and still more leaks, my mates a tech for vaux and he thinks tha thats its the turbos aint up to much

anybody can give me some advice to y these blowers leak oil

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not just TD tubs that do it - the standard fit Garrett on my DTi squeeled like a stabbed pig when cold, and pissed oil into the compressor when the oil got too thin (long high rev runs on cheap oil). I put decent oil in and it's been fine since.

6 months is waaaaaay too long an interval for an engine tuned like yours - I'd be looking 2-3000 miles or every 3 or 4 months, depending on milage you're doing. Oh, and no elcheapo Halfords oil.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i run my car millers 5w40 fully synthetic oil

myns leaking into the exhaust housing and compressor housing leaks to out side

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spg
    i run my car millers 5w40 fully synthetic oil

myns leaking into the exhaust housing and compressor housing leaks to out side
    Thats what I had in my first turbo dynamics one then when regals refitted it for the second time I have since been running Vauxalls 10 40 semi synthetic up till now with no leaks but the past week the squeeking has started when cold.
    Is your boost same as mine 23psi if so maybe thats what killing them.
    I wonder if I go for the VXR turbo with the same set up I will have problems?
    I have just completed an oil and filter change today and the noise is still there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Td did have some problems a year or so ago when they were re-conning turbos that were already more or less goosed, that's why you have to pay a £350 surcharge now for a unit until your oe has passed for re-conning. Maybe you had a spate of faulty ones? - from what I hear - you could have exactly the same problem with a vxr one......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast