Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Paypal issues!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

I have recently sold an item on ebay of a resonable amount of value. so the buyer paid me through paypal, and i have received confirmation from them. however i would really like to see the funds in my account before i send the item. but paypal have told me this will take 7-9 working days. the buyer is being arsey and demanding i post it 2morrow, so bascially i need some advice

if paypal say its cleared, does that mean its safe to send?

Thanks everyone
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Even after its in your account Paypal 'can' take it back.

If the person has paid you and has a verified delivery address you are covered by Paypal's seller policy

Looking at the guys feedback he looks genuine

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-12
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MESO%3AIT&rd=1

I have recently sold an item on ebay of a resonable amount of value. so the buyer paid me through paypal, and i have received confirmation from them. however i would really like to see the funds in my account before i send the item. but paypal have told me this will take 7-9 working days. the buyer is being arsey and demanding i post it 2morrow, so bascially i need some advice

if paypal say its cleared, does that mean its safe to send?

Thanks everyone
    hi mate - if paypal has accepted the money it is all yours mate - safe to send dont worry about it not clearing it - basically he has paid paypal and paypal then pay you. you are techincally not getting the money from him but paypal. been accepting paypal money for years on ebay myself - better and safer than waiting for cheque myself in my opionon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah he does have a verified address which is good. no sh1t they can still take it out of your account (bank account?) cheers for the reply lee

Quote Originally Posted by charleslines
    hi mate - if paypal has accepted the money it is all yours mate - safe to send dont worry about it not clearing it - basically he has paid paypal and paypal then pay you. you are techincally not getting the money from him but paypal. been accepting paypal money for years on ebay myself - better and safer than waiting for cheque myself in my opionon
    ye i realise that its just ive heard people whove had bad experiences where money has been revoked after item sent?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From personal experience DO NOT POST IT until the funds have cleared into your account!

I lost out on £20 because the buyer was a fraud!
    From now on I always state in my auctions that if paying by paypal I will not post until the money is in my bank account.

My input on the situation as if paypal lock your account for any reason you will need to wait 180 days ( think thats what it is, before you can get the money back)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you did say theyd get it special delivery next day mate but its up to you, sometimes if its heavy i need the money in my accoutn before i can afford to send it!
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Is it paid into your bank account or into your PayPal account.

If it's into your bank Account you specify in your Payment instructions the Item will be posted as soon as payment clears.

Check with your bank, when it's in. Send it....easy as.

Tell the buyer that, explain that it's alot of money and you just wish to make sure everything goes smoothly.

The problem with e-bay is everyone is a little scared they're going to get ripped off at some stage. He's just paid nearly £300 and of course he'll want his bits A.S.A.P.

He can demand all he wants, your better being safe than sorry for BOTH parties.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Paypal have lots of get out clauses but if its a high amount I only ever send to verified address.

Also a good idea to get proof of posting as once a buyer has recieved the goods (that's sent to a non verified address) he can then say he hasnt recieved it and Paypal will suspend the payment till YOU can prove he has recieved it.

There are loads of anti Paypal sites

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keif
    Is it paid into your bank account or into your PayPal account.

If it's into your bank Account you specify in your Payment instructions the Item will be posted as soon as payment clears.

Check with your bank, when it's in. Send it....easy as.

Tell the buyer that, explain that it's alot of money and you just wish to make sure everything goes smoothly.

The problem with e-bay is everyone is a little scared they're going to get ripped off at some stage. He's just paid nearly £300 and of course he'll want his bits A.S.A.P.

He can demand all he wants, your better being safe than sorry for BOTH parties.
    its in my paypal account (cleared) i am in the process at the moment of transferring it inot my bank account? i should have said that before i told him an minuite ago id send it tomorrow...can i still say that or not?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok have the guys phone number, ex directory! im thinking about phoning him to finally sort this out. wat du reckon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast