Ok, so I've been a chocoholic for almost all of my life. But took the brave decision to give up a few months ago.
I was just getting quite disgusted with the amount I was eating. You'd never think it by looking at me, but used to be at least 3 chocolate bars a day. At the same time, I also gave up crisps, but never have had a craving or been addicted to these.
Anyway, I managed to stop and occasionally, maybe once every few weeks will have a kitkat and that's that.
So, it's Easter time and unfortunately I got bought some chocolate. Sister visits from Germany and brings a 1KG bar of Milka with her. It sat on the cabinate quite happily and has now been passed onto someone else to eat and put weight on. I did not for some reason have no interest in devouring it and can't work out why.
I also go a 'Lindt' chocolate bunny despite previous instructions not to be given any chocolate. Since Lindt is really quite nice chocolate, I thought it would be rude on to eat it. On normal occasions, I'd have eaten it in one sitting, but this time it took me 2 days to eat and although very tasty, didn't really make me want to eat the rest that's in the house.
I dunno what's happening as I felt rough after eating it and have lost any interest in chocolate pretty much all together dispite downstairs being packed to the rafters with the stuff.
Can giving up chocolate have this effect on you? One of my friends doesn't like chocolate and makes him feel a little yucky after eating it and now I'm going the same way....which is good in a way, just don't understand it!