Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocolate.....given up....lost interest in it...what the fluff is wrong with me?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chocolate.....given up....lost interest in it...what the fluff is wrong with me?

Ok, so I've been a chocoholic for almost all of my life. But took the brave decision to give up a few months ago.

I was just getting quite disgusted with the amount I was eating. You'd never think it by looking at me, but used to be at least 3 chocolate bars a day. At the same time, I also gave up crisps, but never have had a craving or been addicted to these.

Anyway, I managed to stop and occasionally, maybe once every few weeks will have a kitkat and that's that.

So, it's Easter time and unfortunately I got bought some chocolate. Sister visits from Germany and brings a 1KG bar of Milka with her. It sat on the cabinate quite happily and has now been passed onto someone else to eat and put weight on. I did not for some reason have no interest in devouring it and can't work out why.

I also go a 'Lindt' chocolate bunny despite previous instructions not to be given any chocolate. Since Lindt is really quite nice chocolate, I thought it would be rude on to eat it. On normal occasions, I'd have eaten it in one sitting, but this time it took me 2 days to eat and although very tasty, didn't really make me want to eat the rest that's in the house.

I dunno what's happening as I felt rough after eating it and have lost any interest in chocolate pretty much all together dispite downstairs being packed to the rafters with the stuff.

Can giving up chocolate have this effect on you? One of my friends doesn't like chocolate and makes him feel a little yucky after eating it and now I'm going the same way....which is good in a way, just don't understand it!
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah know the feeling, I spent about a year completley off chocolate after I went to the states as their "chocolate" is more or less just brown coloured lard, tried some hershey's bar and had to spit it out it was that disgusting, made me feel sick. Bought a "cadbury's" bar in wal-mart but turns out they must change the recipie for the american market as it was just as bad as the hershey's.

For ages after that the mere thought of chocolate reminded me of the just-about-to-vomit feeling of the hershey's so it was a complete no-go area. Nearly gave the yanks taste orgasms when I brought back a box of genuine english cadbury's dairy milks for them to try, they'd never tasted anything like it.

Unfortunately for me after being back in the UK for a while chocolate kind of crept back up on me. Now usually I can take it or leave it, although it's tough at easter, all the customers buy us lots of big easter eggs (they're awful with giant tins at christmas too) I tend to give a lot away lol, had my first lindt bunny ever though, and it was a bit nice lol, but I wouldn't go and buy myself one.

Don't complain simon, just think of how your waistline will appreciate it.

Kirsty

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's all in the eating of chocolate is'nt it ?

slow lingering melt in the mouth ...or guzzle guts

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    or eat it off your favourite person LOL

(sorry mind degenerating into the gutter again...)

Kirsty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    now what happens to those of us allergic to chocolate, well dairy chocolate!!!!!

easter is a nightmare!!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I saw a chocolate fountain on tv yesterday, can't say i'll be buying one

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    love it myself wish I did find it disgusting!! I should really be the size of a house to be honest!!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapheapchallenge
    or eat it off your favourite person LOL

(sorry mind degenerating into the gutter again...)

Kirsty
    Now thats my type of lady hehe Love the way they give you the paintbrush with the chocolate!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I stopped eating chocolate since Christmas 2004 too. I've had maybe 3 bars since.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations Simon, I beleive you are now no longer a women.
    VTEC- Cos 9k RPM is fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast