Thread: Feature cars past and present

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Feature cars past and present

Just looking at different cars that have been featured, and it shows how different they are in terms of modifications done. It goes to show there really aint a set rule to what is feature worthy ect. its more to the point of whats different enough and works well.

If you had to feature a astra in your magazine (dosent matter what mk astra) what would it need, to be worthy of a feature.
    Curious to see peoples response to this.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What seems to work is stupid cars that arn't able to drive day-to-day.

I.e ones where amp's and subs are hanging out the windows.. 94" wheels sat lower the george bush's morale..

Stupidly clean interiors with plenty of non-road legal bits and bobs.

It shouldn't be like that though i feel, they should think how much work goes into getting a car look fresh and nice, for example TOMH his red coupe.. That wouldn't get into something like Max-Power but looks 100 times better then most of the shite they put in there!

Jang.
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my main thing i like to see is unique touches to a car, it might not seem much to look at, but all the little different things add up, and this is the approach im hopefully going to take as well
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's changed now though. If I built my old MK3 Cabrio again, I highly doubt it would ever get in any magazines. It's almost too tame really. Maybe if it had a mental sound system or something, it might get featured.

When I built mine, it was one of the first home built V6 conversions and at the time, it was only one of 3 other V6 cabrios in the country. Chris Courtney's being one of the others.

But I like subtle and subtle doesn't always tend to make it into Magazines. Can't stand most of the hideous bodykits around at the moment which seem to give cars this 'mad' look which magazines seem to jump for.

Saying that, I was planning on evolving the car, fitting a Supercharger, Rieger wide arch kit and some very wide and dished split rims to it. But got bored of it and sold it. Still wonder what it would have turned out like.
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP

But I like subtle and subtle doesn't always tend to make it into Magazines. Can't stand most of the hideous bodykits around at the moment which seem to give cars this 'mad' look which magazines seem to jump for.
    i agree because its the likes of max power not identifying nice cars for their subtle styling, to be a show car in their eyes, you needs larey paints, immense kits, 24" wheels etc, but i suppose its like anything, us on here know a nice astra etc if we see it, even with subtle styling, but for the people who have been brought up reading max power, to them, thats a standard boring car....
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jang
    It shouldn't be like that though i feel, they should think how much work goes into getting a car look fresh and nice, for example TOMH his red coupe.. That wouldn't get into something like Max-Power but looks 100 times better then most of the shite they put in there!

Jang.
    I agree mate, very good point.
    Astra 1.8i Bertone
    www.drdray.co.uk

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you read my sig and search for my astra itwas very subtle and did ok in the year i put it together in so perhaps people might need to look at what they have written
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jang
    What seems to work is stupid cars that arn't able to drive day-to-day.

I.e ones where amp's and subs are hanging out the windows.. 94" wheels sat lower the george bush's morale..

Stupidly clean interiors with plenty of non-road legal bits and bobs.

My car was a daily driver taking my kids to school and me golf and hockey 3 times a week so again not really a true statment yes there are SHOW cars but alot of them are daily drives
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonP
    Agreed. Subtle is definitely the way forward. I'm not into all this bolt on tat in stupidly bright colours. Give me something sleek and low key anyday!
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Big power, standardish outside, nice clean lines and an interior to match the theme gets my vote !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast