Thread: A few questions

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few questions

Hi all well i have been to Donny show today and bought some new things. I have a new stereo just wondering how i get the old one out as it looks like it has alen keys holding it in its a phillips cdr 600 with a 4 disc multi changer in the glove box? And i have bought some bonnet lifters do i need to drill any holes to fit them this is all on my mk4 astra so please someone help me

SXi Stu
    head unit has 4 grub screws (allen key) which you need to take out in order to get the release keys in

SXi Stu
    theres a how to for fitting bonnet lifters btw in the technical section

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont have any release keys do i need to go to vauxhall for some or can i just use some cheap ones

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i used the biggest allen keys that fitted in the holes after removing the allens bolts. if that makes sense. shove them all the way in, should feel the clips release.
    Astra iv 1.6 16v SXI 5 dr.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Set of release keys are only a couple of quid from motorworld or halfords, they'll do the trick, worth buying as you will probably use them a few times in your modding life.

Bonnet lifters use existing holes, but word of advise, spray them with clear laquer to prevent them rusting before you fit them, whatever finish they claim to be.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok well i have some release keys now but howeverhard i pull the radio just aint coming out. I have even removed the bottom tray and put both arms upto the back of the radio and pushed but still nothing. I guess vauxhall didnt want these stealing did they some one plz help i'll pay someone to fit this lol