Thread: What a sad day.........

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy What a sad day.........

Its been a sad day .... My sisters staff bull terier has had her pups 2 weeks early,she had them y'day while me and brett watched...My sister has lolas dad and another bitch called sandy (which is not lolas mom)

The pups were fine apart form two of the bitches which both had cleft pallets...the pups were not formed properly...they had the signs of cleft pallet although we couldnt tell as the mom wouldnt let us touch them..

Was at my sisters just now and one of the bitches who was not formed properly stopped moving and brett said we should look at her ,my brother in law picked her up and she took her last breath...at that my only instict was to try and revive her,she went dead cold instantly within a mintute...but anyways(im pathetic i know)but i cant help it i gave the pup mouth to mouth and was moving her chest gently...she gave 2 deep breaths but then no more i did have hope when she breathed for me

i looked at her and she did have a cleft pallet,the roof of her mouth and her throat were not formed and she either died of hunger cus she couldnt suckle or couldnt breathe properly

this tiny little ball of fur was dead...and ive had to bring her home and bury her in the garden underneath my well so lola dont dig her up,my sister had no where to bury her

the worst thing was when the mom was pining for her and i gave her back for 5 mins..Sandy put her head over her thinking i was gona take her away again and washed and licked to her hearts content...until finally she accepted it and knew...she pushed the pup away to tend to the others
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

SXi Stu
    aww thats really sad. were the others ok after??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    sorry to hear that
    hope the rest of them are ok

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sad, just part and parcel of nature unfortunatly, at least you gave it your best shot with the mouth to mouth.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the rest are ok except for one more that seems to have cleft pallet..however she is still suckling,so maybe her nose/mouth just hasnt formed fully but she managed to form the roof of her mouth in time for birth...will just keep an eye on her,this was to be expected as they are 2 weeks early
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mouth to mouth, good on you for trying anything that may work. still so very sad to hear.

Rosco83
    awww thats a shame (have a hug) i love animals too and its very easy to get upset about things like this but hey... chin up hun x

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i studied animal care at colloge and if its any help they say the mum forgets about the pup nearly straight away, my dog had pups and 1 got seriosly ill treated so my mum stole her back when she was 6 mths old, and her mum (dog mum) used 2 attack her everyday to try put her out of her misery (she had brain damage cos her old owner ), the vet said it was cos she was the weakest in the pack (we had 5 yorkies) so at least she's out of pain and danger now, i hope all the others stay healthy and can u put a pic up pls i love staffies i have a fat 1 calld melora

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    very upsetting it was (Big dog lover and have real soft spot for staffies) but it was inevitable really. Sandy is a very good dog though and is trusting towards us with the pubs.
    I will pop a pic up tommorow

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Awwwww that's sad ....although I do believe the real reason it was such a sad day was because I came round and bored the crap out of you and Brett today!
    CRAP SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    really liked the UV corsa and I think its a shame it never got finished, and is not just rusting away

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast