Thread: Possibly Power Steering Pump gone??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Possibly Power Steering Pump gone??

I'm getting a high pitched whinning noise now, when I start the car up its starts and then quietens down, but as soon as I turn the steering wheel the noise gets higher again and then quietens down again after a couple of seconds, and so on.

The noise sounds almost definately like its from the power steering pump/resorvoir. I have topped up the power steering fluid, as I wondered if the fluid had gotten too low and hence the noise. But the noise is still there now.

The only other theory is that the noise only started after I had the gearbox replaced last weekend, so could it be possible that something on the pump or something connected to it may have been knocked and caused it?!
    1.9CDTi (150) SRi XP Sportshatch
    Heated Leather Seats - Cruise Control - Climate Control - 18" Pentas - Auto Light & Sight - Electrical Folding Mirrors - Sat Nav

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think ive got the same problem, i've also got a video of the sound its making, ill upload later
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, sounds familiar to me too however my noise goes when the steering wheel is moved.