AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra G 1.6 SXI
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

ASTRA MK4 fog light wiring?

I have a mk4 2001 Astra which I have fitted with genuine parts front fog lamps,...can some one please tell me,..will this model allready have the wiring fitted.
    On the nearside front wing near the radiator I have found a blue plug that isn,t connected to anything, but can,t at the moment find another one.
    The blue plug looks the same as the plug on the lamps,..however not been too competent with wiring i,m not sure.
    Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance,..
    Ken

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah that'll be them - either side of the car (obviously) little blue 2way multiplugs should be taped up to the rest of the lighting looms. disconnect & plug in and away u go. Have u got hold of the relay I mentioned in a previous post? If not just whack in the relay from the rear fogs or any other relay in the fuse box - they're all identical and wont pose a problem (small black relay)
    Good luck!

EDIT: As I mentioned in the reply to the similar question the other day - theres no logic behind whether the prewired looms are in or not. Some have it some dont and its not a case of lesser models not having it and high end ones do. More a case of pot luck. As I said above these will be the plugs in question - connect em up and see for ur self!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra G 1.6 SXI
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Astra mk4 foglight wiring

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    Yeah that'll be them - either side of the car (obviously) little blue 2way multiplugs should be taped up to the rest of the lighting looms. disconnect & plug in and away u go. Have u got hold of the relay I mentioned in a previous post? If not just whack in the relay from the rear fogs or any other relay in the fuse box - they're all identical and wont pose a problem (small black relay)
    Good luck!

EDIT: As I mentioned in the reply to the similar question the other day - theres no logic behind whether the prewired looms are in or not. Some have it some dont and its not a case of lesser models not having it and high end ones do. More a case of pot luck. As I said above these will be the plugs in question - connect em up and see for ur self!
    Hi Geordie Bandit,...Thanks for the invaluable help,..yes I have found both blue plugs and plugged them in,...I haven,t yet obtained a switch or a relay but I guess that once these are obtained they should work.
    1. Will I need a fuse,..what amp?
    2. For the time being could I just use a spurious switch?
    3. where would I get the relay ie what type.

Kind regards
    Ken
    Thanks again.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    youll need a 15A fuse - cant remember off hand which location it goes in but u should have a fuse layout on the back of the cubby hole panel which u have to remove to get access to fuse box. The relay u will need is part number 24432680 from vauxhall - it only costs a couple of quid if i recall - in the meantime or if u get a switch and wanna check it all works as it should - u could fit a relay from one of the other accessories - ie rear window heater or rear fogs - the relay is a multi function one and therefore can be interchanged if need be. The switch on the other hand is best acquired 2nd hand off ebay or similar. Keep checking daily if u can cos they come up quite regularly. I'll try to keep an eye out for one and let u know if theres any available.
    Good luck and let me know if theres any problems and I'll try and help in any way possible.

Regards
    Marti

EDIT: If u are interested theres on ebay at the moment with 2days to go - current price £20 which seems about the money but this one has had a full blue LED conversion if thats the thing u go for. This is not just an LED that has been whacked it - its a full strip down job with multi LEDs and resistors. So if thats ur bag then it may be worth a punt. Failing that just get a std unmodified one.
    The link if ur interested is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...QQcmdZViewItem

Status
    AOC Regular
    Drives
    Astra G 1.6 SXI
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Astra mk4 foglight wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    youll need a 15A fuse - cant remember off hand which location it goes in but u should have a fuse layout on the back of the cubby hole panel which u have to remove to get access to fuse box. The relay u will need is part number 24432680 from vauxhall - it only costs a couple of quid if i recall - in the meantime or if u get a switch and wanna check it all works as it should - u could fit a relay from one of the other accessories - ie rear window heater or rear fogs - the relay is a multi function one and therefore can be interchanged if need be. The switch on the other hand is best acquired 2nd hand off ebay or similar. Keep checking daily if u can cos they come up quite regularly. I'll try to keep an eye out for one and let u know if theres any available.
    Good luck and let me know if theres any problems and I'll try and help in any way possible.

Regards
    Marti

EDIT: If u are interested theres on ebay at the moment with 2days to go - current price £20 which seems about the money but this one has had a full blue LED conversion if thats the thing u go for. This is not just an LED that has been whacked it - its a full strip down job with multi LEDs and resistors. So if thats ur bag then it may be worth a punt. Failing that just get a std unmodified one.
    The link if ur interested is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...QQcmdZViewItem
    Once again Thanks Marti,....Iv,e had a look at that one and am tracking it,.....By the way where abouts are you?,..I live just beside the Metro Centre.
    Kind regards
    Ken

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in Washington. If u have any pics of ur car get them uploaded so I know to look out for ya! We all love pics here on AS. We're a canny bunch of ppl and willing to help anyone (except minus a few total *****s on here but hey they're in the minority)