Thread: Damsel in distress!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damsel in distress!!!!

Very basic very boring but hoping one of you guys can help me..

Got the astra sports coupe bertone 2.2i all very standard on an 03 plate... yadda yadda yadda

aaaaaaaaanyway stereo in it is basic one that comes with it which does me for now until i find a very nice man who wants to change it over for me lol.( any offers lads??)

But what i want to know is how do i get the soddin thing to play copied cd's or is there no way around this?

I know some head units wont play copies but im sure someone once told me there is a specific make of cd and kind that will play on these head units..

any answers and offers of help are most grateful from this 31 yr old milf!! lol

cheers lads n lasses xx

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    quite a first post!!

I know some stereos are a bit funny playing CD-RW's but most will play normal CD-Rs.

Best bet is to just replace the whole thing though, you'll get a far better sound that way and more gadgets etc.

As for volunteers - where are you! Get yourself along to a local meet and I'm sure there'll be someone that can help you out.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

...xxx...

cheers... a fellow insomniac i take it lol... only found this site yesterday and had my car 18 months lol... not looked after it the way i should i admit but i did get it cleaned today and 2 new tyres so thats good yeah!!lol

my mates a musician and always making me cd;s but just wont play in the car!!!

a mate of mine told me about this site last night and hes hiding on here somewhere.. got the blue 2.0 turbo based in salisbury and he mentioned the meet in june so may just get me lardy arse along...

just toooooo poor to do any mods right now!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Get him to try burning albums on to normal CD-R's - I cant promise it'll mean they work though. But it's worth a try. Hopefully Autosparks can shed a bit more light?? (hint hint Andy!)

Stick a thread up in Chit Chat and you'll get a proper warm fuzzy AS welcome! Be prepared for newby initiation though - we'll need pics of your car.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    daaaaaaamn not got any at the mo will me boobs do?

JOKE!!

Thanks for your info tho some nice soul just kidnapped me on msn and told me to get a new head unit... scarily enough we are 5 mins away from each other lol
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    psssssssssssssssssst.... ive done it ok!!! ive introduced myself and now expect the offers to come flooding in lol

xx
    Bungee Jumping

Suicide for indecisive people.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doolallyladee
    psssssssssssssssssst.... ive done it ok!!! ive introduced myself and now expect the offers to come flooding in lol

xx
    hubba hubba yum yum

very nice sig

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Cd players work by using a focused laser to look at pits (dimples) on the surface of the disc. When you buy a cd from the shop the dimples have been pressed into the surface so they are more or less perfect so easy to read. A burned cd e.g CD-R has the dimples put into the surface by heating a metal layer in the disk with a laser then pulling/pushing the pits in using a magnet. These pits are not as well defined as ones that are pressed in so your unit finds them harder to read. Branded units such as SONY and Kenwood etc can have a few lasers to read the disc and the lasers themselves are more powerfull and focused more accuratly.

TIP: If you burn a cd-r more slowly the pits are better defined which means the cd is more likely to work.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Erm...I hope you are meaning 'backup' copies of your CD's
    (which is still probably illegal)

Anyway - my advice is to make sure you close the session and finalize the CD, burning it slower does help..

...but you may be better off just slinging in a new HU (head unit)...
    Even the cheaper decent makes will play anything you chuck in them (cd wise ), less than £100 new.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where bouts r you im always up 4 helping a damsell in distress!!!!! and hell yer get some of them pics up!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast