Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi all, help me decide..

Hi everyone,

Not been here in well over a year. Bought my black coupe off the company and sold it back in 2004, then took an Accord Type R from the pool list, had that a year, then Sept last year took an old shape Saab 9-3 Aero Convertible...still have that but as it's hit 4 years old i have to change again...

So.... currently doing my sums and the Saab although a lovely car is killing me on tax and personal contribution over my allowance.. there is a nice looking Red Linea Rossa Convertible on the list (1.8 petrol).

It's an 03 plate so really i would only have to keep it till Feb next year. My logic is that i want something nice for the summer - if the sun every comes out!

Can somebody confirm what the spec on a Linea Rossa should be as i haven't physically seen the car and if i ask them to deliver to my local workshop, i am obliged to take the car! I have a feeling it should have leather and 17 wheels. What i really need for motorway driving is cruise control...and i remember reading a couple of years back people were installing cruise control relatively easily in their Astra G's by taking bits desgined for the 2.2?

Can somebody tell me if this is actually possible, and how easy it would be for me to do this. Really if the car had cruise it would be a no brainer - even though it's Red - LOL..

Please help as i'm not sure if i should go with it or wait it out a bit longer...the list is like a lottery so next week may be crap!

Thanks in advance everyone.

SXi Stu
    fitting cruise control is in the how to section mate, not too hard a job as long as all the wiring is already there.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well you should be able to fit cruise control no problems mate as my 1.8 hatch has it fitted from the factory!

It was an option though. Could pay to watch the autotrader for a while as good ones come and go. Definately a 1.8 your after?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Red leather, CD player A/C, esp - or what ever it is. They look nice mate, you know you want it!
    Mk4 Astra coupe SE 2
    Signum 3.0CDTi
    Now Owns: Vectra C GSi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow this place is heaving now, thanks for the quick replies everyone.

Sorry thought i made it clear, not buying the car it's actually a company car so i'm kinda restricted by what's available on the list. I tend to go for the pool cars instead of ordering brand new because they're discounted by age and i only have to keep them for the life left (4 years in my company) and it's just a nice way to change cars.

OK will check the technical section, thanks a lot.

Keep replying if you can help...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just read the guide, it looks fantastic.

As a 2003 model (march 2003) would you guys think it should have the necessary wiring in place or is it really a case of suck it and see?

I suppose if it doesn't i'll just have to live without CC but it just makes life so much easier (and safer oh and economical) on the motorway..

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    linea rossa's are lovely for one main reason...the interior! great interior...go for it mate

it'll be worth the hassle of custom fitting cruise control

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah just contemplating at the moment, been discussing with the wife. It'll be much easier for her to drive than my current Aero mainly coz of the power difference...just a bit worried about the colour...i know it's very subjective but i'm a bit wary about red as i think it might look a bit like a hairdressers motor My last Astra was black and i had all the Irmscher gear on it, it really set it apart and looked like a blokes car....oh well i'll sleep on it..