Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Snooper S4 Evo or S6 NEO????

Hi

i'm seriously thinking of buying a snooper. i've spent ages searching the web but i cant seen to find a definative andswer on which on is the best, so i have a few questions. I'm looking at the S4 evo and the S6-R NEO with the laser detection.

The S4 Evo has 360 degrees laser detection, does the S6 have this??? Will the S6 only pick up stuff thats in front of you??? can the S4 Evo tell you if there is a police car behind you???

The S4 Evo uses enigma technology, what is this??? why is it better than the S6 Neo??

The S6 Neo has a better display than the S4 Evo, yet it is cheaper???

i'm soo confused

Which one would you all recommend, i'm after a snooper that'll alert me to all the speed traps, even the mobile ones. It would be good if it could alert me to police cars behind me too. Aswell as accident blackspots, places where i should take extra care while driving.

Thanks

A51M

P.S i know this sounds like a bit of a essay but i'm sorry, i just have loads of questions that i think the kind ppl at Astra-Sport can help me out with. Thank you again
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate none of the camera detectors (the names the clue) have police car detectors. if only they did! You'll have to reply on good ole eyes im afraid.

As for the units well the s6-r is the older model i think. bigger screen but it doesnt displya more info than the s4. here some info from their website:

Snooper S6 R Features
    • Detects all fixed speed monitoring systems and accident blackspots via comprehensive database
    • Speed limit and road number / name at location of accident blackspot or fixed speed monitoring system
    • Memory preservation of your preferred features
    • Detects all radar and laser speed monitoring systems
    • GPS Alert warnings from 100 to 1000m (metres)
    • Easy to fit dashboard or bonnet / grille mounting systems
    • Full Logic menu with Audio feedback and LCD display
    • Speed limit alert
    • 2 year manufacturers warranty
    • Remote GPS Extension Antenna included
    • Dimensions S6 GPS: H 72mm x W 114mm x D 48mm
    Providing Advanced Warning Of
    • Gatso speed cameras
    • Truvelo speed cameras
    • SPECS speed camera
    • Radar and Laser guns
    • Digital speed cameras
    • Accident blackspots
    • Most fixed and mobile speed monitoring systems
    Installation
    The Snooper S6 R Neo is a modular system and includes three separate components; a radar/laser detector, GPS antenna and Control Panel. This provides a number of easy fitting options in any vehicle as well as on most motorbikes. The Snooper S6 R comes complete with a selection of brackets for installation, including 2 suction cup brackets for mounting both the control panel and the RLD unit in the windscreen, plus a specially devised mounting system which enables the control panel to be mounted almost anywhere around the vehicles centre console or dashboard, and an under-bonnet fitting kit for the RLD unit behind the grille if preferred. The GPS antenna can be attached to either the vehicles dashboard or rear parcel shelf with a simple Velcro fastener.
    It is advisable to place the GPS and Radar units at least 50cm apart to avoid unnecessary false alarms.
    The geographical co-ordinates of all 'fixed' speed monitoring systems and many officially designated accident 'hotspots' have been stored on a database that is constantly monitored and up-dated by a data collection team, ensuring that you are alerted to every potentially hazardous stretch of road or danger spot both audibly and visually via a speaker and LCD display, ensuring your highest concentration at all times. The Snooper
    S6 R comes complete with a highly innovative built-in modem, allowing the device to simply plug into any compatible telephone socket and download the database in a matter of minutes. To ensure that your Snooper S6 R is always effective, downloads can be performed as often as the user prefers, subject to a valid subscription.

100% LEGAL
    The New Snooper Evolution
    Based on the best selling Snooper S4 Neo - The Evolution has an improved GPS antenna and **European coverage.**
    ** Coverage is as follows:
    France, Holland, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and Switzerland with Germany being online by December 05.
    The brand NEW Snooper Evolution is one of the most compact Speed Camera and Safety location devices on the market. This Evolution will detect ALL types of ‘fixed’ cameras using GPS (Global Positioning System - satellite technology) and encompasses a built-in laser sensor to enable it to detect almost all mobile sites as well. The system provides bright, clear and safe warnings with volume adjustable Voice Alerts and an extremely clear and informative text display.
    NB: The Snooper Evolution is available with added Radar Detector capability via the Snooper S100 RLD Laser/Radar Detector optional add-on. You can buy this below. By adding the S100, the unit becomes the Snooper Evolution-R.
    Plug & Play Simplicity
    The device comes complete with all the accessories you need, enabling the Snooper Evolution to be mounted either on the dashboard or the windscreen of your vehicle. The Evolution is portable and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle as it is powered by the cigar lighter socket. The unit may also be hard wired into a vehicle with the alternative cable supplied.
    Clear Precise Warnings with Switchable Voice Alerts
    As you approach a considered danger/hazard area, the Evolution will tell you the type of camera you are approaching, emitting a loud audible beep and will inform you of the speed limit in that vicinity. As you close in on the hazard, the beeping will quicken and the Evolution will accurately count down the distance until you have passed the danger area. Once you have passed the camera or accident hotspot the display will revert to standby, waiting to warn you of the next hazard!
    New Snooper GPS Technology
    All SNOOPER Safety Alert Systems have been specifically designed to help drivers reach their destinations safely and legally, within the confines of today’s ever changing and often bewildering speed limits. They use the very latest GPS (Global Positioning System/Satellite) and laser technology helping make the Snooper range significant leaders in their field. The onset of GPS technology means that there are no false alerts, unlike the older, traditional radar detectors. Using the Enigma (trademark) Software, we manage a database of all the safety cameras and designated accident hotspots across Europe.
    Our Comments“The S4 Neo has been the 'flagship' for the Snooper range and we were wonderg how they could better it - well now we know. The snooper Evolution with the addition of a European database and still coming in under £400, this has to be one of the best units on the market.”

I know a few ppl have these units so im sure they will be able to help further

basically the enigma looks like it is the database of cameras so you dont get any false alerts. the s4 evo is just one box compared to the s6-rs 2 boxes (radar and unit) and the s4 evo has european coverage

So it looks like the s4 evo is better. these are approx £249 in halofrds atm me thinks.

That was a long post!!!

The Enigma database can be downloaded on a regular basis via a PC so that you always have the latest information with you. (We recommend at least once a week). By downloading on a regular basis, you are taking advantage of Enigma's technology in not only knowing where the speed cameras are but the speed limit in that particular area as well.
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    except ive just read the text and the s4 evo doesnt have radar detection which is an add on module!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies, think i'l go for the S6
    Observe the masses and do the opposite

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an S2 NEO and to pick up a GPS signal you'll need to mount the unit near your rear view mirror as a coupe has a UV reflective windscreen that prevents the GPS signal from working.

My Sat Nav works fine near the dash, but not the Snooper.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as k3fus said im having the same problem with my new road angel, and i hav had to order an externall antenna for it
    Arden Blue GSI (Now gone)
    White Scooby WRX STI (Now stolen)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The extra antena work under the rear shelf too as I have my S6 Neo one under there out of sight

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bet that uses a long wire!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How much are them two different snoopers?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not really that long,

Runs allong under the centre console, uder the rear seat and upto the shelf.

Its probably about 2 meters long

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast