Thread: Got "new" astra at last

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got "new" astra at last

I finally got my mits on the new family car today. Treked all the way to Derby to get it but it was worth it as the same cars at local vxl dealers are upto a grand dearer.

Its a mk4 cdti 1.7 sport, reg'd may 05 and omg what a difference it is over the old R reg mk3 1.7td merit estate we had. This car goes,handles and has loads of toys to play with.The tyres are flippin huge (expensive no doubt??) The cd/radio with the steering wheel flappy paddles is causing great amusement. The cars only done 2500 miles and even smells new. I'm a happy bunny.

Just needs a boot spoiler I think?

cheers stuart

SXi Stu
    very nice mate, yeh diesals have come on a bit aint they, those tyres are around the £90 each mark IIRC, lovely colour by the way.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    gulp...£90 each!!! I only paid £67 for a pair of fronts on the old estate! The colour is presige blue apparently. I really wanted a flame red one but they're like hens teeth.They had loads of silver ones but the whole worlds got a silver car these days. I'm also considering a badgeless grill just to make it look a bit different for not a lot of money.

cheers stuart

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice car redexr - looks very well. An SRi spoiler like mine (pics in the link in my sig) look very well.

Tyres are about £75 fitted - I get Bridgestones for that at my local Hi-Q. But the SXi is pretty easy on tyres. I've done 10k on the tyres on my motor, and they're only worn down 4mm, still 5mm left. Should be good for 15-17k on the front, and probably 30k on the back.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice, one of the very last mk4s - dont see many 05 plates about.

Enjoy
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks ZS, I like the look of the SRi spoiler. I had thought about a GSi one but it might look a bit daft. The cars got Pirelli P6000's and if my experience with Pirelli P6's on an XR2 years ago are anything to go by they'll be bald by 6K!!!

Sten - you'll be seeing plenty of 05 mk4 "enjoy" and "sport" models once the car supermarkets have flogged them all, they're like a rash on forecourts at the moment. People just haven't realised what a bargain they are yet.

cheers stuart

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lovely car... same colour as mine

Those wheels go for huge amounts on eBay with good tyres... seen them hit £450 etc so maybe get some 17's as I find the astra suits that size perfect and handles so much more solid.
    :: Computer repairs, Upgrades and Sales in the Greater Manchester Area ::

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sten
    Very nice, one of the very last mk4s - dont see many 05 plates about.

Enjoy
    didnt some of the last of the mk4 get the prodrive front bumper, or was that just the 2.2 ?

hatch's need a boot spoiler , enjoy the mk4 mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how much did ya get it for then??
    Astra VXR in Star Silver - Officially the 2nd Rarest Colour

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    That looks like Ian Shiptons in Derby. I got my car from there. Theres a Vauxhall garage just over the road. They wouldn't even entertain price matching or even budging to get the deal so I went to Ian Shiptons and picked my astra up. Recommend that if they said "we did a service" you double check the works been done. I've checked mine and the oil was filthy black, the pollen filter and oil filter weren't new at all. First thing I did when I got mine home is book it in at vaux for a complete service.

Just thought you should know! Car looks awesome. A nice rear spoiler would just suit that colour down to the ground.

jam
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast