Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your workarea/workshop/garage/shed thingy..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your workarea/workshop/garage/shed thingy..

Righty then.. My shed needs an overhaul, along with the garage my cars going in July. Basically i can't work in my shed.. neither my garage (unless i want to sit on the floor or work on the car bonnet!)

I've sorted out where my bikes and random crap is going out of the shed (building up one of them cheap wood sheds for that) but my shed in the back garden is a brick one, so i got a good sturdy starting point for wall hangings i.e kitchen cupboards.

Mate of mine is going to be running a switch from the shed inside to power, then i'm gonna whack up a light and some desk lamps on the worktop. So thats plugs and lights sorted.

Went out and brought 3 five tier metal shelfing units, going to house any random stuff that comes off the car.. i.e centre consol, gear knob.. whatever really.

But what i'm interested in seeing is your shed, garage or wherever you work on your car, just to get a few idea's and get the most out out the limited space i have available to me.

Garage and shed are both full brick with the concrete roof.. Unfortunatly, power to garage will have to be by extention lead.. or i'd have to rip up 4 of my neighbours front gardens to run a cable down there . ( Most of my power tools are cordless anyway so that helps, drill, dremel, jigsaw..)

Shed is about 2 bike lengths by 2 bike lengths if anyone has seen something on the net thats a good little space saver?

I've already got kitchen cabinets lined up to go round the top of the workbench, so thats extra off the floor space saving.

so yea, pics of your work area's please? i'm talking your personal ones not like your work ones i.e quickfit garage.

Cheers guys, odd request but hey Jang.

P.s all previous threads i have made have been printed out and are sat in a folder with me, folder will live in garage/shed.. So i am taking note so to speak of what you guys are saying

P.p.s, Would it be ok to print a few how-to's off? Just to whack up on the wall, bonnet lifter and rear boot lock ones in particular? or would that be breaching some sort of copyright?
    ~Not long now people~

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good idea to print off the how to's no copy right i am sure
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my garage is nearly finished just need to do the flooring Will wack up some pictures in a few weeks when its finished
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Print off the How To's to your heart's content - that's what they are there for.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MatG
    my garage is nearly finished just need to do the flooring Will wack up some pictures in a few weeks when its finished
    Laminate flooring workshop! This I have to see!
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    actually its industrial rubber stud tiles Its what I do so its costing nothing and the materials were over ordered on a job I did whoops!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hate it when that happens
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    and me. I do the work for LDV vans and they had loads done when the new van was being built (new track) so I got via that. Shame they went bust (must have been those tiles )

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you suggest a decent industrial floor paint for me new garage then please Mat....

Looking for a shade of grey since the floor will protrude and bee seen at the door....

cheers

Jang: Get some pics up !

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I will ask my floor sprayer Richard whats the best to use John, he will advise the floor to be sand blasted first before painting though, as he always does at LDV.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast