Thread: Starting Problems Fuel Sensor??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Starting Problems! EGR valve help!!

im currently away from home, im up in Ossett Wakefield. ok car seems to be having starting trouble after its been left for a long time. called out the rescue service, the man says that it sounds flooded so he squashed the pipe a bit that brings the fuel to the engien and it started up! He says it wont be a fuel pump issue but something to do with some fuel sensor or something... he says it seems that it just keeps letting more and. more fuel into the engine. says it will be better to get it fixed up here in the north before i head back to London 2moro afternoon as it will be cheaper up here. n e ideas n e one had any similar problem or know what sensor he is talking about? get back to me soon pls car details are in my signature. 1.6 sxi
    51 plate Astra SXI 1.6 16V. Prestige Blue!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    spoke to ex-vauxhall mechanic says its called the coolant temp sensor, says that could be it... any experiences or advice anyone?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok i changed the coolant temprature sensor but no luk still the same problem. the engine still starts if you squash the pipe like the rac man did. at garage someone plugged it in to the computer for me where the ecu had a code stored even though there is no lights coming up on the dash display. he said the code was something to do with the EGR valve.
    Ok i know where this is and pretty confident ill be able 2 change it once i get some torx bits but can this be linked to starting problems as i've described! pls some 1 heeeeelllpp! car seems to be absolutely fine once started and driving!