Thread: Info Needed!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Info Needed!

Thought I would ask a few questions in the same topic.

Are the sideskirts on my mk4 astra 1.6 16v cd the same or similar to the ones on a gsi?

Are there any places who do a replica of the GSI bumper, cause sourcing one is A) hard and B) to expensive so............?

I ain't looking to do an engine conversion as I have a sound engine as it is, so what engine mods am I looking to do to make big bhp but not to ruin the engine and have problems. Also rough prices of the mods and fitting etc.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly your sideskirts arent the same as those fitted standard to the gsi, the gsi ones are bigger and have a piece that follows up the rear arch,

secondly gsi bumpers are very rare and sourcing one is difficult but i would not recommend a replica unless it is a good one because normally the fit of them is crap and arent worth the hassle,

onto the engine, first step should be veccy intake with destricted box and panel filter, if your after a lot of power you are going to have to go for full exhaust system including decat and probably manifold aswell, fast road cams would give you maybe an xtra 10-15bhp along with a remap, if your after serious power you will have to go down the turbo route or maybe nitrous if youre a bit mad, dont forget you mite need to uprate your brakes to, and as for prices its down to individual garage really but big power will not come cheap