Thread: Satisfied BlueFlame Customer

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up Satisfied BlueFlame Customer

Hi folks, just joined the forum as I am now the proud owner of an Astra Coupe Turbo. Started shopping around for a new exhaust as the original one was rusting pretty badly. Heard good things about the Blue Flame catback systems and after spotting a few for sale on Ebay I decided to go ahead and order one.

Anyway, the new exhaust arrived the next day exactly as described and I had it fitted the next. The work was done by a pretty decent and well known custom exhausts outfit in Strathaven near Glasgow so I didnt expect any problems.

However, when I went to pick it up I couldnt have been any more disappointed. There was nothing wrong with the tailpipe itself, it was the fact that it was sticking out the back by several inches (see pictures). As you can see from the pics it looked ridiculous. I explained to the guy that fitted it that it didnt stick out as far in any of the Blue Flame pictures nor in any of the pictures Id seen of people who'd had the same exhaust fitted. He said he'd done nothing wrong and for £40 he would cut the pipe between the backbox and tailpipe to make it 'more flush' with the bumper.

Having already shelled out more than I could afford, I decided to call Blue Flame to see if they could shed any light on the matter. I spoke to Nigel, the manager, who was very polite and assured me he would look into it. He called me back later that day and explained that they had sent me the correct exhaust and that they were as perplexed as I was that the fitting had gone so wrong. He then offered to pay my expenses to bring the car down to Skelmersdale (near Liverpool) to try to sort things out.

I accepted and drove down two days later. They took it straight into the workshop and showed me what had gone wrong. The guy simply hadn't bothered to push the sleeve fitting as far back as it it should go!! Sheer laziness was the cause of the problem!

They fixed it there and then they even offered me another tailpipe as a goodwill gesture, even though it wasn't their fault! I decided I'd go for something a bit different so I picked some sort of 4 inch slash cut pipe. Now, I couldn't be happier with the new exhaust and I wouldnt hesitate to use Blue Flame again.

Heres some pics before and after:

after a visit to the Blue Flame factory:

the 'after' pics aint too great, ran out of daylight!
    P.S Sorry about the enormous post!!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how does it sound mate? coz im thinkin of gettin one for my sri turbo
    JP driving SRI-T, totally standard, whats the best way forward!?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now that's what I call good customer service. Perhaps other Vauxhall tuners should take note.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only had it ona few days but it's done a couple of hundred miles now, sounds exactly as I wanted it It's quiet on the motorway and for general day to day driving. When you put the foot down, you know it's there but it's a nice, subtle 'burble type noise'. It makes you're car sound powerful without being in your face!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Blue Flame were very professional, I've dealt with quite a few garages/tuners/mechanics over the last few years and I've never had this quality of customer service. I would recommend them to anyone.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabag
    Only had it ona few days but it's done a couple of hundred miles now, sounds exactly as I wanted it It's quiet on the motorway and for general day to day driving. When you put the foot down, you know it's there but it's a nice, subtle 'burble type noise'. It makes you're car sound powerful without being in your face!
    good stuff, thats exactly what im looking for. Well, i get paid next friday, so you know what im gonna be buying lol!!

Skelmesdale aint a million miles from me, so i might just go there and get them to fit it

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice one - it's good to see there are still some companies around prepared to go out of their way to sort out problems

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would highly recommend getting them to fit it, they know what they're doing and aint gonna mess you about! I say go for it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If only everyone was as good as that.

Nice to hear good reports (I have one too on my coupe)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabag
    I would highly recommend getting them to fit it, they know what they're doing and aint gonna mess you about! I say go for it
    u'v pretty much sold it for me there mate, im always a bit weary bout getting things fitted n that, but from what uv said i think im gonna get it booked in next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast