Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No angel

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    K3FUS's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,752
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    No angel

    Well they have gone, I have removed my tined angel eye lights:

    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s/IMG_0646.jpg

    And replaced them with....

    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s/IMG_0660.jpg
    http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s/IMG_0662.jpg

    I like it, not the normal option on a coupe.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    Duff's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    2,417
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i did a similar option, but went for chrome shark eyes, very oem

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    GSI_Butch's Avatar
    AstraSport Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,681
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not bad mate, certainly different! I like it!
    GSi Turbo - CS2 - 253bhp / 275ft/lb Torque
    1/4 mile - 14.62secs @ 95.5mph

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Scottyboy's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,750
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shame you couldnt get the HIDs to work mate, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem?

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    GB's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    21,918
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup the angels have well and truly gone....well from u anyway cos in a week or so they will be proudly lighting the way on my motor

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    Oddjob's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,213
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Scott I wasn't aware that no firing HIDs were such a problem. I had my mains refusing to light and I finally figured out the problem.
    Here's how it went, I plug the OE connector into the ballast, no joy. Tried the piece of wire that came with the kit and jumped it straight fom the battery, lit up no problem. Then tired the OE connector on the old Halogen to see if I'd blown the fuse, that lit up no problem. LED on the ballast wasn't lit showing no power when reconnected to the OE connector again. I then compared the wiring on the OE connector against the one which comes with the kit, the wires ae reversed, postive is on the wrong side on the OE connector, I then popped the spades out of the OE connector and swapped them round. Fitted it back in the ballast and now it lights up no problem.

    All my HIDs will light up without the engine running and are also reputed not to trigger the bulb failure alarms as well.

    The 42W kit I've just bought is staggering, it's the brightest light I've ever seen, it leaves white spots on your vision if you dip down and look at it direct. I can look at my existing 100w Xenon look like bulbs without flinching but the output from the new dipped beams is awesome, that's the only way to describe it.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Oddjob's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    5,213
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Colour code the inside of the headlights K3FUS, even more of a rare look.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    K3FUS's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,752
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit
    yup the angels have well and truly gone....well from u anyway cos in a week or so they will be proudly lighting the way on my motor
    They are all packed up and will go ut Monday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy
    Shame you couldnt get the HIDs to work mate, did you ever get to the bottom of the problem?
    In a word yes & no, the electric leveling motors were causing a problem, but one ballast that I think has a fault. Anyway there's only so much time and money that you can give one thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    Scott I wasn't aware that no firing HIDs were such a problem. I had my mains refusing to light and I finally figured out the problem.
    Here's how it went, I plug the OE connector into the ballast, no joy. Tried the piece of wire that came with the kit and jumped it straight fom the battery, lit up no problem. Then tired the OE connector on the old Halogen to see if I'd blown the fuse, that lit up no problem. LED on the ballast wasn't lit showing no power when reconnected to the OE connector again. I then compared the wiring on the OE connector against the one which comes with the kit, the wires ae reversed, postive is on the wrong side on the OE connector, I then popped the spades out of the OE connector and swapped them round. Fitted it back in the ballast and now it lights up no problem.

    All my HIDs will light up without the engine running and are also reputed not to trigger the bulb failure alarms as well.
    I spotted the reverse wiring on mine, however I solved that differently, but my problems were different. My HIDs would fail when the engine was not running and then one began to fail when it was and would take about 60 secs to get to full brightness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob
    Colour code the inside of the headlights K3FUS, even more of a rare look.
    I was going to, but my recent run of luck suggested putting brand new lights in the oven and pulling them appart was asking for more bad luck so I didn't!
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Similar Threads

  1. Mk5 angel eye help!?
    By Dwayne Dickson in forum Bodywork and Exterior
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 17:55
  2. angel eye help
    By southwestastra in forum Electrical
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 18:39
  3. Ultra Angel Eyes vs LMF'S Angel Eyes?
    By Terry6680 in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-08-2008, 19:49
  4. Angel eye
    By kingy17k in forum Astra Discussion & Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 15:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •