Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember STP? whatever happened to it?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone remember STP? whatever happened to it?

Was thinking the other day of changing my gearbox oil as it's never been changed since the car was new and the gear change isn't perfect so thought a change may help.

Anyway was thinking of the oil to put in it and I remembered back to my earlier cars and using STP oil additives. Is this stuff still available or it more modern equivilant Slick50.

Just thinking it won't hurt to try some if its still available.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dunno about the STP stuff but I use Castrol SMX-S in my car and it made the gear change alot better.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pretty sure Halfords sell STP and most other additives, the NoZ octaine booster works a treat...
    Regal tuned Astra VXR.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not been in Halfords for a while and even when I do I don't bother with the oil section as mine never uses a drop between services. I'll have a look at all the additives on offer but I bet I'll end up buying STP it's something I know and trust.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Molyslip is also supposed to be quite good.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont suppose you fancy doing a how-to on it Odders? Was going to do this for mine, and would be nice to know where the oil plug is and the easiest way of refilling (using funnel etc), for when I finally get round to it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I'll have a go at a How-To providing the weather is ok when I do it. Don't fancy taking a load of pics when it's pouring down or freezing cold

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check out something called Prolong - it's awesome.

It's an oil additive with reversed polarity so it is actually attracted to energy. I had the rep out doing all the demo's for me when I was General Manager at Nemesis. It's hard to sell coz people don't immediately understand how revolutionary it is, but awesome.

Check out the FAQs section at www.prolong.com and make your own decision.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also be interested in a How2 and knowing which gear box oil to use
    with my Z18XE 2001/Y SXi mk4

Darren
    Irmscher parts irmscher-bits.com
    ask 4 Dave & mention Darren SXi 1.8 sent u!

Performance Vauxhall Show 'A-S Cleanest Car' 2006

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Liked the look of that Prolong stuff. Interesting demonstration where they cut the water hoses and drained the oil out of a moving engine and then poured sand and cement into the open rocker box and it still kept going.

Thought I'd give it a whirl and see how it helps the gearbox shifting, it's a little notchy at times so I'll let you know if it improves the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast