Thread: Electric Supercharger Intake System

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Electric Supercharger Intake System

Whats your opinion on these electric supercharger force flow intake sysems?

Anyone got one?

* Used as a Cold Air Intake Ram system by replacing your stock intake system, or fits to your current CAI pipe.
    * Wires to a throttle switch that activates at WOT (wide open throttle), activting the impellor turning at 27500rpm forcing air at more than 1000 cfm (cubic feet per minute) into your intake, increasing pressure up to 2.0 psi.
    * Quality polished aluminium construction, and performance pod filter, enhances the look under the bonnet.
    * Comes as complete kit including 4.0, silicon intake adapter, high flow performance filter (blue or black/grey check) or extra adapter, wiring harness with relay/switch/fuse.
    * Powered directly from the vehicles battery. Safe for your vehicles electrical system.
    * Complete instructions and technical support.
    * Limited Warranty.
    * Twin and tandem systems also available
    Ive been offerd the single one , the full kit with intake and filter and adapter for a 2.2sri which gives a proven 6% gain for £172 delivered

Or

Supposedly the twin system does 10% gain in HP

The company says the gain would be mainly noticable in the 0-60mph region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this the piece of cr*p being sold on ebay? If so dont go anywhere near it! Do they have any power charts stating this proven '6%'? Soend ur money elsewhere i say! Go down the route of de-restricted airbox, veccy c intake pipe and a decent panel filter!
    Bass, the final frontier

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sxibeast
    Is this the piece of cr*p being sold on ebay? If so dont go anywhere near it! Do they have any power charts stating this proven '6%'? Soend ur money elsewhere i say! Go down the route of de-restricted airbox, veccy c intake pipe and a decent panel filter!

Its on ebay but also a comercial website, and yes they have charts on thier main website site stating the obvious. Oh and I've already got a de restricted air box and good filter mate.

Do you honestly know anything about these or are you just being skeptical as you havent eard of one before? This isnt a resistor mate...

Correct me if im wrong, im just curious?

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's a vid floating around on the net with some kids stuffing a petrol powered leaf blower up the intake of a car on a R, and they get about 8-10bhp gain.

The average Sthil Leaf bower will shift about 60 cubic m/minute, and according to that bumpf above they state that their wee electric fan will shift just over 28 cubic m/min - which sounds very dubious in itself.

So just taking a basic proportion of the 2 figures you'd be looking at about the same gain you'd get of airbox mods and a decent cat back combined (that's assuming it works in the first inst).

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Electric Super Charger

I bet the skeptic would like a leaf blower up his intake now init haha

have a look at this Ffoeg tel me what you think.

http://www.force-flow.com/ (these peeps will do a good deal)

http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a look - and they both seem to be scant on actual technical info (surprising eh??).

Also they only appear to spin up when the throttle is wide open - so the rest of the time (ie normal driving) that thing sat in your inlet pipe is just gonna act as a big restriction to arflow and sap power.

Swings and roundabouts